Yanmar 1300D Engine - Replace or Rebuild Parts?

/ Yanmar 1300D Engine - Replace or Rebuild Parts? #1  

rtimgray

Veteran Member
Hey there. I've had a YM 1300D for several years and now it looks like I've finally got a major problem. I haven't used it in the last couple of years (been using our F16D instead), and it has mostly just sat around. My brother came and got it and used it for a little tilling. Thought it was hot, so opened the radiator and it was empty and the oil pan was full (of water/oil mix). I passed him a service manual that I had for it and he tore into it and said the head gasket was fine, and guessed it was either a crack in the head or a crack in the block. Sooooo...

anyone have any leads on a repair parts or (preferable) a good motor in running condition for a 1300D? If you have or know of one available, PM me and let me know. The other option is, if the engine isn't available or costs too much, is anybody interested in a YM1300D parts tractor, complete with bad motor (PM me on that as well). Thanks.

/ Yanmar 1300D Engine - Replace or Rebuild Parts? #2  
Sounds like you may have a cracked head on your 1300. I had a cracked head on my ym2200 and there was water in the oil. I had taken the head off an had it rebuilt. I was really surprised on what they can do with cracked engines and heads. I have had it for about two weeks now and it so far so good. I would take the head off and look for any cracks then go from there. If you find a crack look into a automotive engine rebuilder to repair it. Good Luck

/ Yanmar 1300D Engine - Replace or Rebuild Parts? #3  
Go back and recheck the headgasket. My 2310 had a cylinder lead into the coolant. I discovered this by opening the radiator and turning over the starter. alot of bubbles in the radiator. I took the motor apart and I had the head checked and milled and the machinist said the head was fime. After I put the engine together and got the tractor running, I inspected the headgasket and noticed the leak area. It didn't look anything like the blown headgaskets I had seen in gas engines before.