Kubota Mid Mount on a Deere?

/ Kubota Mid Mount on a Deere? #1  

DarrylG

Tractor
John Deere 855 with loader, backhoe and 5 foot rotary cutter
I have a chance to get a 60 inch mid-mount kubota mower real cheap. Is there any way I can mount this on a John Deere 855? I have the mid PTO. I'm not sure of the model number. Has anyone done this? I'd be willing to spend a few hundred bucks if I have to. I'm guessing I'd need a new drive shaft and some cutom metal fabricating, and of course a few cans of green paint. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm planning to check with a dealer who sells both brands as soon as I have the mower model number.

/ Kubota Mid Mount on a Deere? #2  
DarrylG,

I think that Deere decks are Yellow! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Kubota Mid Mount on a Deere?
Good point Jim, yellow they are. Maybe I need to trade in the Deere and buy a Kubota that the deck will fit?

/ Kubota Mid Mount on a Deere? #4  
Obviously, the only sensible thing to do is trade up to a Kubota tractor./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Kubota Mid Mount on a Deere? #5  
Bird,

You're part correct, as long as he's trading up, why stop half way...trade ALL THE WAY UP to New Holland!!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif That way he can get rid of that Orange deck and get quality all the way around! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Have a great Memorial Day weekend! If it rains like they're calling for, you can expect some more outstanding posts like the one above from me! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Kubota Mid Mount on a Deere? #6  
Oh please don't let it rain in Michigan,for I get enough slack for not owning a New Holland in this area.

Have grand long weekend Jim.

Thomas..NH

/ Kubota Mid Mount on a Deere? #7  
Let's hope it does rain in Texas this weekend. The weathermen are forecasting a 20% to 30% chance. I think that's somewhere between a slim chance and fat chance./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif But if it does rain, that would definitely make it a nice holiday weekend./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ Kubota Mid Mount on a Deere? #8  
Bird.
I sure could use some of your weather up here.
Its rain off and on for the last eight day,which as made mowing the lawn a extra chore.
I do hope mother nature will swing the jet stream done in your parts for some much need rain.

Have a grand long weekend and stay safe.

Thomas..NH

/ Kubota Mid Mount on a Deere? #9  
Bird, They are getting baseball hail near Jacksbors, about 30 miles or so North of us. The only problem is that it takes so long for ice like that to melt, that the crops may die of thirst. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Kubota Mid Mount on a Deere? #10  
Yeah, Wen, heard about that on the TV news just before I went to bed last night. It wouldn't take much of that to destroy any crops that existed./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird