Self Propelled CornPicker

/ Self Propelled CornPicker #1  

Spiffy

Veteran Member
Tractor
PT2445; several ag machines and classics
The BIL is trying to clear more area for the horses so is in a scrap metal "slash & burn" frenzy at the FILs.

Anyway, I haven't seen many self propelled models around, so I got the FIL to give it a "temporary stay of execution." /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I may be able to get it home for myself, but don't know if in time [and it would be a long time before I get around to a restoration on it]. If I sell it, is anyone interested? Does any one know what it's worth? I can have it, else he's getting around $50 per ton for scrap.

I think its a Massy. It's a bit rough, but I'd say 99% complete. I'm sure the engine is stuck, but I think the FIL said the whole thing was in running condition when he bought it.

Attachments

• 658526-Picker.JPG
    658526-Picker.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 477
   / Self Propelled CornPicker #2  
Cool, That looks much better than when I was a self propelled corn picker many years ago /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ben

/ Self Propelled CornPicker #3  
Wish I could afford it but is too far away and I don't have any $$$. I would try Ebay, you can sell about anything there. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Self Propelled CornPicker
Update:

The BIL got too "ambitious" and cut up a grinder-mixer frame the FIL was planning to make into a heavy-duty utility trailer....so he's been instructed to put his ambitions into more constructive projects.

I'm sure the FIL would still be willing to sell the corn picker to anyone planning to fix it up, but, either way, it should be safe for a while. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif