Kawasaki Mule vs Kubota RTV

/ Kawasaki Mule vs Kubota RTV #1  

Deerlope

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830 03: RTV 900
I need help with this decision on which one to purchase.First off I am 63 will will not be working it real hard. I have driven the RTV around the dealer yard and only looked and sat on the mule. Also I am 6'5" and I do have a little more leg room on the RTV. Either way I want a diesel. Will work it do maple syrup, wood cutting& hauling,light recreation touring.

/ Kawasaki Mule vs Kubota RTV #2  
Yours is a tough call. Both machines should do what you want them too.

It sounds like ergonomics may be a point that will way heavily into your decision. I think the RTV bed sits up a little higher than the mule? That may be an issue for you lifting stuff up to it.

Anyone else going to be using it? How do they "feel" about it?

Of course a completlely unrelated fact, the RTV sure would compliment your other orange machine.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kawasaki Mule vs Kubota RTV #3  
I'd propose you get one of each brought to your place for a demo. After riding each for an hour or so, I think you'll be able to pick the right one for your needs.

I haven't tried the Mule but can say that the RTV with the hyd. dump bed is invaluable when cutting wood.

/ Kawasaki Mule vs Kubota RTV #4  
is a john deere hpx in the picture if so then maybe you might want to consider one of them. but being you are 63 i don't know what kinda shape you are in but the trv has power steering . but the gator hpx diesil isn't a bad choice.

/ Kawasaki Mule vs Kubota RTV #5  
I considered both and bought a Deere Gator TX 2WD. The other 2 were too narrow and had a tippy feeling. The lower and wider stance of the Gator won me over.

Bob

/ Kawasaki Mule vs Kubota RTV #6  
I've owned a Mule and now have a RTV. I am a little younger but about the same size at you and really like the RTV from a fit standpoint. The power steering is a BIG plus and the HST seals the deal for me. The HST makes easing around the hills safe and smooth and no need for two footed operations. It's not a speedster but it will get up to 25-27mph on level ground.

I would go RTV if you are going Diesel just for the Kubota diesel. They last & last & last & last.....

Good luck

Charles

/ Kawasaki Mule vs Kubota RTV #7  
Deerelope, I own an Kawasaki 3010 gas, and I bought it before the RTV was available. I love the Mule, but If I was buying today and wanted a diesel, I would go straight to Kubota and make the best deal I could make.

The only advantage of the Mule in my opinion is the availability of a lower-priced gasoline model and many more third-party add-ons that are priced much less than the comparable options from Kubota. You'll pay a premium price for the Kubota, but you'll get a premium product in the basic machine with hydro, power steering, better brakes, and the diesel engine.

/ Kawasaki Mule vs Kubota RTV
I am kind of leaning towards the Bota that dealer is 6 miles as the Mule is 50. when that is in my inventory everything will be diesel, truck,tractor,lawn tractor. I talked to the bota dealer today and kubota is telling them that even if the RTV is out of warrenty to fix it anyhow and not charge the buyer. Thanks guys, you all have been a big help.

/ Kawasaki Mule vs Kubota RTV #9  
Had both a Mule 3010 and a RTV at the same time. I sold the Mule. Many reasons, but for me it was the power steering, diesel motor, and the hydro lift. The mule was a great machine but for my application the RTV was the winner. Good luck with your decision.

Kevin

/ Kawasaki Mule vs Kubota RTV
The kutbota was ordered today, worksite model. Should be here Aug or Sept. Those RTV's are selling like hot cakes around here.
We have 2 Polaris ATv's and the wife had a rollover a couple of years ago and only got a few bruises, but last Sunday she flipped it over backward onto herself and now has 12 stiches in face and many bruises. I said that we were not going for 3 times and out. Her's has already been sold and just waiting on a buyer for the other. I told her that when driving Bota if I catch her with no seat belt that she is gounded from useing it for 3 days.