Steel plate custom-cut on Ebay for $0.63/lb

/ Steel plate custom-cut on Ebay for $0.63/lb #1  

davesisk

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson MF 1220
Check this out...just in case anyone was looking for steel plate in any complex shape. Apparently they use CNC plasma cutting...best guess anyway. Not sure if this is a good price or not...first impression is "yes!".

Steel plate custom-cut on Ebay

Enjoy,
Dave

/ Steel plate custom-cut on Ebay for $0.63/lb #2  
Interesting... I may have to make time to design those grapple jaws...

Dave

/ Steel plate custom-cut on Ebay for $0.63/lb #3  
Nice find Dave! I'm thinking about making a quick-attach ripper for my bachoe. This plate would be perfect and the cuts and holes necessary for such a project would be hard to duplicate for that price.

This would also be great for the thumb I was thinking about for my backhoe......excellent.

/ Steel plate custom-cut on Ebay for $0.63/lb #4  
Oh-boy I can hear the wheels in my head turning now......... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Steel plate custom-cut on Ebay for $0.63/lb #5  
I just placed an order for a 1/4" steel plate top for the welding table I'm planning to build. got a quick response from the seller, he said my order would ship by Tuesday. I'll let you know how the process goes if anyone is interested.

/ Steel plate custom-cut on Ebay for $0.63/lb #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Oh-boy I can hear the wheels in my head turning now......... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

That's funny, I can't hear a thing. There's too much noise from all the wheels turning in my head.

I presume they take DWG and DXF files, and I assume they will be some real busy fellows!

/ Steel plate custom-cut on Ebay for $0.63/lb #7  
I don't know what the freight would be, but I would think that it would eat up any savings over a local fab shop. With a member ordering, we will able to find out shortly.

/ Steel plate custom-cut on Ebay for $0.63/lb #8  
It ended up being a lower cost than my local scrap dealer. The local dealer is charging $2 per Lb. I ordered a 1/4" plate that is 24" x 36" which calculates to roughly 61 Lbs. Locally that would be $122. From this guy on e-bay, he charged me $45 for the piece plus another $36 shipping from Oklahoma to Ohio, for a total of roughly $81. In addition, he's going to round off the corners for me so there are no sharp points. Hopefully I'll have a good report next week... Oh, and I found a nice weight calculator on the web if anyone wants to estimate the weight of a piece of steel on this web page

/ Steel plate custom-cut on Ebay for $0.63/lb #9  
Mike...!!!
How far are you from Fort Wayne??
I get sheet and plate ( and round,hex,tube etc.) for 30 cents a pound...

/ Steel plate custom-cut on Ebay for $0.63/lb #10  
At $2 per lb that dealer must have seen a city slicker walking in the door and figured he could take him for a ride. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Around here anything over $0.50 per lb would be considered very high. I can get new, not scrap, sheet plates cut to my specified length/width and delivered for less than $0.50 per lb.