Traction Traction Problem - 2544 with Johnny Bucket

/ Traction Problem - 2544 with Johnny Bucket #1  

Auleciems

Hi All: just recently added a Johnny Bucket Jr to my 2544 and am having major traction issues. Does anyone know if rear wheel weights or a weight box are available for the 2544? Will these help? Any other ideas to improve traction? I would like to stay away from Chains as I plan to use the 2544 and johnny bucket to remove snow from our driveway in winter.

Thanks Much!
Paul

/ Traction Problem - 2544 with Johnny Bucket #2  
Paul, the wheel weights listed for the 3100 series (p/n 190-412 ) should mount right up. The 3100 and 2544 have the same size rear tires. You might want to consider AG tires as well.
G/luck
Joel

/ Traction Problem - 2544 with Johnny Bucket
Thanks as always!
Paul

Thanks for your response

Paul

/ Traction Problem - 2544 with Johnny Bucket #6  
You might want to add liquid to your tires as well - a few choices best choice is RimGuard, second is CaCl and window washer fluid being the third....it should give you approx. 75 lbs per wheel with Rim Guard at least, a little more with CaCl and less with WW fluid

http://www.ballaststar.com/rimguard_spec.php

RimGuard

/ Traction Problem - 2544 with Johnny Bucket #7  
Paul;
Please lets see some pic's!
I've been contemplating a Johnny Bucket, and I'd love to see the mounting and switch location for tilt and up-down.
I'm going to have to go out and use the tractor today so I'll be posting pic's of my box blade set-up soon.
I know with the tiller the front end is light as noted if you ask cub cadet they'll say no weights are needed for the tiller but the manual says otherwise. The rear weights I believe attatch to the sleeve hitch. That little baby cost's $600. So be aware you'll need more than just weights. I belive if I didn't already have a sleeve-hitch I'd go the Tire liquid fill route.
Todd

Thanks all for the recommendations. I'll take a few pics of the Johnny bucket and post ASAP.

Thanks
Paul