Cracks in welds on FEL

/ Cracks in welds on FEL #1  

RichNJ

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4310 HST, GE ElekTrak, Cub Cadet 125
I just noticed that the welds on the posts (both left and right side) that hold the collars for the rear boom pivot pins have cracks just outside the welds. The cracks are very hard to see and required a bright sunny day to determine if they were just paint cracks or cracks in the metal. The tractor is an L4310HST w/LA681 loader, 3 years old. My neighbor and 2 sons are welders. They claim it's no problem to repair the cracks.
Anyone else have this problem?

/ Cracks in welds on FEL #2  
Could be defect in original weld, or just hard use (or normal use) I'd much rather see a crack in the loader now and then; then a far worse alternative which is the loader mounts on the tractor itself going downhill. (see it, no fun).

Remember the fellow posting about rolling boulders with his BX? Have you been using your 4310 to push wrecked dump trucks around in the scrapyard? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

del

/ Cracks in welds on FEL #3  
Rich, I've never had that particular problem, but sure sounds to me like you neighbor and sons are right; no big deal, just a minor welding job.

Bird

/ Cracks in welds on FEL #4  
My FEL is an La300B. Almost every weld on it has been redone as it was used to dig stumps, rocks and dig in hardpan clay that had lots of rock in it. Welding should not be any problem. I also had one hoze break and one stainless steel hydraulic line started leaking at a bend. The pins have worn enough so its quite sloppy and the cutting edges are worn back to the bucket on the corners. I keep one long hoze on hand in case of another leak.