155D water in hydraulic fliud

/ 155D water in hydraulic fliud #1  

champi

Tractor
Yanmar 155D
Hi, Just got this 155D a few weeks ago and its been great so far but in going over everything changing fluids filters ect. The rear fluid was milky and i've changed it twice so far along with cleaning the screen and it's milky again .I've still got enough of the 303 fluid to change again but it's getting expensive .Does anyone know a way to flush the system out? Also have a front blade with 3 cylinders up front and took the up/down cylinder off and drained it . No water just was dirty .This tractor hasnt been outside since i've gotten it but the previous owner had it out for a few months before i got it .I wouldnt be anywhere near as far along with this tractor if it wasn't for this forum and the information that's provided here
Thanks In advance, Ralph

/ 155D water in hydraulic fliud #2  
I don't think there is any other way, I wouldn't want to flush with anything but hy/tran fluid; however I would check for any other drain plugs. Some Yanmars have more than 1 due to some pockets that need their own drain plug, (any bolt on the bottom that has no other obvious purpose).

/ 155D water in hydraulic fliud
Thanks Norm ,just looked all underneth the tractor for another plug but no such luck .Guess I'll just keep changing it till it's clean . Next step some ag tires and looking for a front end loader .wonder if anyone still makes one for this model?
Ralph

/ 155D water in hydraulic fliud #4  
A front end loader from a 155D was just on ebay in the last couple of weeks. Are you draining the hydraulic from the 2 low plugs on the rear axle (near the inside of the tires)? If not you're leaving at least a gallon in there each time.

Right on the money Chuck! They sure dont look like drain bolts and wasnt sure till it was all the way off and fluid came pouring out /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif plus there right next to the subframe so can be easily missed . I looked at those bolts from Norm's post but they looked like the rest of the housing bolts that are along there . Sure enough there was about a gallon of fluid from those two drains that wasnt comeing out after the front plug was drained . Hopefully now my fluid will stay clean . Thanks for the reply

I just started looking at ebay last week for fel so I must have missed that one by a week or so . I'll keep looking on there and check out a few local dealers in the next few weeks and probably give hoye tractor a call about some ag tires andd im hoping I dont have to get new rims as my tires no are turfs .

Ralph

/ 155D water in hydraulic fliud #6  
Does your tractor have 15" wheels, I've seen some good deals on new ag tires on ebay also. Another company I've had good dealings with is M.E. Miller tire. I think they are in Ohio so the shipping shouldn't be too bad. I was going to just mount an old set of 11-15 lug tires on some 15x8 white spoke wheels to get some cheapie ag tires for mine.

Sounds like an easy way to go Chuk ,my rears are 8-16 and fronts 5-12 so I can't go that route i'm just hoping I wont have to get new rims for the ag tires

Ralph