A nice gift.

/ A nice gift. #1  

toddler

Gold Member
Tractor
Previously: Kubota B2710. Now Deere 3520
I'm constantly amazed at how non-materialistic some people here in Vermont are. I've gotten used to the helpful nature of many Vermonters, my neighbor Brian plows the road and driveways, I'll go out and till or move soil for people, Allen has plowed and harrowed for us, etc. That's part of the reason we like living up here. But these things only cost us time doing things we like to do, yesterday drove home the non-materialistic nature even more.

Somebody gave my neighbor a Deere 550 rototiller, because they never use it anymore. I happened to be walking over with my daughter just to say hi when he dropped it off with a back hoe. The thing looks like it's about 4' wide, with a little rust on it, but it's otherwise in good shape. Slip clutch and all. Pretty nice gift by me.

Told my neighbor I'd see if I could find a manual for it online, so we could make sure to oil or grease all the right places. If anyone knows were I could find that I'd appreciate the info. Figured I go over and help him with any upkeep it needed till he gets his carpal tunnel syndrome fixed.

Todd

/ A nice gift. #2  
Gotta love it. That's why I live in a small town.