Grapple Grapple and work lights

/ Grapple and work lights #1  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D,1957 Farmall Cub Lo-Boy Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853
Has anyone purchased one of the add on Grapples for the bucket of their front load (about $1200ish) and if so do they work./ I am not looking to become my own logging operation, but would like to pick up brush, some logs, rocks, etc around the house.
Also does anyone have a guess what I shopuld expect to pay to have a set of work lights added to my tractor at the dealer (kubota). I was planning on adding them on when I buy the tractor.
Thanks for the help!

/ Grapple and work lights #2  
I paid $ 350.00 for 4 lights, 2 forward and 2 to the rear. All four come on when I turn on the tractor head lights. The two rear lights are mounted on the ROPS and the front two are bolted to the canopy. They did a nice job and used the Kubota factory work lights.

Charles

/ Grapple and work lights
Pricey little buggers but it seems they maybe needed. Any advice on trying to install myself? But fog lights on cars and done a lot on ATV's, is it had to do?
Thanks

/ Grapple and work lights #4  
A couple of TBNer's have gotten grapple for there buckets.
Here is one on a B3030. Click Here
Here is one on a L3130. Click Here
Several TBNer's have purchased grapple parts from EBay. Heres one thread. Click Here
I installed four 20 watt fog lights on my ROP's. Here is a thread on the subject.
Click Here

That may help some - thank you very much

/ Grapple and work lights #6  
I purchased a grapple off Ebay which attaches to the front end loader bucket of my JD 4310. It is called "The Thumb". I am pleased with it. It is well made and was shipped promptly. I have used it to pick up some pretty big logs as well as bush.

Jim

I just looked that up on Ebay and it does seem really nice! Is it had to run the lines and such for the hydro?
Thanks again!

/ Grapple and work lights #8  
The degree of difficuly will be dependent on your tractor and how it is currently configured. I have read on the forums that some people install an electrically controlled hydraulic switch which allows them to control both the FEL and grapple with the FEL controls only. I chose to add a 3rd SCV to my tractor and route independent hydraulic lines to the grapple cylinder. My JD dealer made up the hoses and fittings at a reasonable cost.

Jim

/ Grapple and work lights #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Pricey little buggers but it seems they maybe needed. Any advice on trying to install myself? Put fog lights on cars and done a lot on ATV's, is it had to do?
Thanks )</font>

No different than a car truck or atv.

There are a lot of threads and a bunch more post about adding lites on this board.
Do some searches and see what you get!

Think I can do that one without a problem. Seems like it would be a LOT cheaper than paying the dealer....
Thanks