Does This Tractor Exist?

/ Does This Tractor Exist? #1  

LSmith

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400
Hi All, I'm still banging around tractor ideas and need help.
I want around a 25-30hp tractor with a FEL, MMM, & a BH. I would like to stick with New Holland or Kubota since they both have good dealers near me and decent finance deals. This new tractor needs to be my swiss army knife. I need it for mowing and for material handling. It needs to be HST or equivalent so the wife can handle it. I would also eventually like to add a 3pt log splitter and a chipper. Am I asking for a 10 pound deal in a five pound box or is this possible?

Thanks

Lane Smith

/ Does This Tractor Exist? #2  
No problem. The mid mount mower might be the hangup on the size of tractor. I know Kubota has a rig that can handle all of that. I would start by just going around to different dealers and picking there brains. I have talked to a lot of them that shouldn't be selling tractors. Good Luck.

/ Does This Tractor Exist? #3  
The MMM and BH won't go together in on Kubota due to the subframe.

/ Does This Tractor Exist? #4  
I know you can/could get something like a tc29d that had hst, and could AFAIK take a MMM.. However.. I'm not sure it can be mounted in tandem with the backhoe frame... Not saying it can't.. just not sure.

How much backhoe work you doing? While they are not super popular.. you might find a smallish 3pt backhoe.. and use it... Something that does not need a frame.. but is not as strong as a rigidly mounted one. Check your warranty.. some dealers may not honor "tractor broke in half" issues with 3pt hoe's

Soundguy

/ Does This Tractor Exist? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The MMM and BH won't go together in on Kubota due to the subframe. )</font>

this is not always correct. The new BH75 is compatibile with a mid mower as are all the new 4pt mounts from Woods.

/ Does This Tractor Exist? #6  
To fit you list of task and options. Look at the B26-3030 or B7800. My choice would be the B2630 with 72" MMM and BH75 BH.

/ Does This Tractor Exist? #7  
In MS you have 2 Kioti dealers inside 50 mile, another 75 miles away. In TN you have 2 dealers inside 77 miles. The CK30 would be hard for me to ignore for what you want to do.

/ Does This Tractor Exist? #8  
I understand the attachments you want.

However, why would you want a backhoe on at the same time you have a MMM on it. I wouldn't want the weight while mowing. So, can you easily remove the backhoe, and, if so, do you have to remove the BH's frame to put the MMM mower on? Would a RFM work on the 3pt after the backhoe was removed with the frame left on? If so, might be a good compromise.

/ Does This Tractor Exist? #9  
Looks like there are three different models of BH that will fit the TC29D. The literature says the 3pt arms stay on the tractor when the BH frame is mounted. Couldn't find anything relating to a MMM with the BH frame, though.

/ Does This Tractor Exist? #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ( The MMM and BH won't go together in on Kubota due to the subframe. )

this is not always correct. The new BH75 is compatibile with a mid mower as are all the new 4pt mounts from Woods. )</font>

Neil, can the TC29 or 33 take a MMM while a BH is installed?

In my mind that would be an ideal tractor if I was looking for a Swiss-Army-Knife type of solution. The size is modest, making for easy turning while mowing and if the Super Steer option was purchased, it would make it the tightest turning machine of its size. HST transmission is available as the wife friendly option. The weight is modest, also good for mowing, but a Kubota would be lighter and better for that task. The 14LA loader is superior to the Kubota loader in design and visibility. For mowing you'd want the BH removed. But if using the BH on reasonably smooth land, the MMM could stay on for most BH duties.

My second choice would probably be the Kubota B3030, it weighs less making it a better mower but it suffers from a traditional dog arm loader.