Loading big 6x4 bales without TRACTOR

/ Loading big 6x4 bales without TRACTOR #1  

goodoleboy

Gold Member
Tractor
Still looking since thats half the fun!
ere the stroy I planned on buying a Kubota L2800 for $9000.
My wife found out about this and say no way becuase it would deplete our savings account. Fast-foward one year and still cant get enough money saved to get my $9000 tractor. In fact to today I had some hay to sell but could load the bales due to the fact I dont have a tractor.
I cant find any neighbors who are willing help us to load up a trailer. I have ramps so maybe i can push the bails up. her trailer.I tell her she resonsiblefor the bails when she leaves my proprty.
Ive got my 1989 chevy 4 WHEEL DRIVRE 2500 [Heavy HALF] I got a reccvier that can stand 12,000 lbs.I aslo have a chain and a high lift jeak/ I figure I could asssit and kick the bales into the trailer

Any ideas TO get these bails loaded with

any idea would please help?

/ Loading big 6x4 bales without TRACTOR #2  
Not in the business myself, but there is a hydraulic spear that can be mounted on the bed of a truck, or I have seen small round bale trailers that can move single bales around. Also, I am not that familiar with Kubota's but those hay bales may be too heavy, at least to pick up.

Hope things work out.

/ Loading big 6x4 bales without TRACTOR #3  
I used to handle my former girlfriends round bales with my Jeep Cherokee. I had a portable pump and a cylinder that I would keep in the back. I had a reciver on the back that I had mad a male pin in reciver for and an offset for the cylinder to rest un the the tail of the jeep. I mad a spear to fit the pivot and I d back into my bales and and push a button., When the bale lifted Id haul tail down to the barn pasture and drop it off. worked pretty good. . I have a 3000 yanmar that I use around here and it can even handle a large round bale at the end of a boom pole. Igot it for around 3500. Id really want a tractor to handle the bales because they are alot saferthan using a truck. Lots of people have been injred or killed with them, just be reaaly careful.

/ Loading big 6x4 bales without TRACTOR #4  
Maybe you can get a used tractor like a Ford 8N, International or Farmall for around $2000+. Buy a rear bale spear for around $170 (they also sell them at Tractor Supply) and use the 3 point hitch bale spear to haul the bales. The rear bale spear is easy to mount and you can maneuver them like a monkey handling coconuts!!

Good Luck!!

/ Loading big 6x4 bales without TRACTOR #5  
You might rethink your planned tractor purchase if you figure to move round bales often. You can pick up a larger ag or industrial for 1/2 the L2800's price and have something a bit more suited for your 53acres. There's a big auction I visit now and then in Idabelle, OK that has good selection.

/ Loading big 6x4 bales without TRACTOR #6  
All you need is a tumblebug. Just over $1000. It will work on your tractor or truck.
haymover.jpg

Last edited: