hydraulic motor and hydraulic pumps

/ hydraulic motor and hydraulic pumps #1  

hotwired

Seems there is a large and good info source on this forum, at most scrap yards there are a lot of stuff comes in with hydraulic pumps and motors ? how or can one take the numbers or letters on these items and cross reference them to match them to machines , a lot of motors look the same except for the mounting ? even if a person has to alter the mountings at scrap price it would pay off, say for instance the numbers on a char lynn motor on a trencher could one match it to eaton etc etc same for hydraulic pumps.Have seen equiptment in scrap yards brand new with these items.This info request may or may not have an answer.These items can be had for very little money. Thanks.

/ hydraulic motor and hydraulic pumps #2  
If you can get a number, go to the pump or motor's manufacturer's web site and search for the spec's. If it's not listed, try Googling the manufacturer of the equipment it came from, and see if their site has information on replacement parts.

Once you have spec's, use the information at:
Surplus Center Hydraulic Tech Help
to find out what it will do.

/ hydraulic motor and hydraulic pumps #3  
Grap anything and everything!!!
I drag it home and build the machine around it!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Lessee...tractor,log splitter,dump trailer,dump truck....I buy hose and fittin's.

/ hydraulic motor and hydraulic pumps #4  
bobodu, must be something in the Indiana corn man, but I'm with you, just find one bolt, and you can build the rest. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ hydraulic motor and hydraulic pumps #5  
you can call anly hyd company an give them the nunber on the parts an they can cross it with the cubic displacement,shaft
size .I have been ther an done this, /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif