Cub AGS 2130 Transmission

/ Cub AGS 2130 Transmission #1  

Gibbs

Tractor
AGS2130/1993
This is my first posting, and I'm hoping one of you experts can help.....I've got a '92 AGS2130 I bought new. I only have 240 hours on my baby and would like to keep her for a while longer. All maintenance has been carefully taken care of by me or the dealer who has just closed his doors for good three months ago. The nearest dealer is now over 50 miles away and quite nasty. My problem is that I can't get her to go forward at any speed or gear. I can only go in Reverse. I've checked the linkage underneath and can't find anything missing or broken. Do these transmissions just give out at a certain point or is there something else I'm missing? Thanks for your help. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Cub AGS 2130 Transmission #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Do these transmissions just give out at a certain point )</font>

I don't have a solution for your problem, but I wouldn't expect that transmission to give out with that few hours on it. I bought a new AGS2130 in '95 and put about 400 hours on it in 4 years and it still worked fine when I sold it because it was no longer needed.

/ Cub AGS 2130 Transmission
I appreciate the input Bird. I need to keep tryin' /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Cub AGS 2130 Transmission #4  
I think the way these things work is that they have a forward and a reverse clutch. It sounds like your forward clutch is either completely out of adjustment, or worse. I have noticed mine takes more pressure on the pedal to go forward than it used to, so I may be in the early stages of the same problem.