hydraulic hose

/ hydraulic hose #1  

DieselMonk

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland / T4.75 Powerstar & Boomer 1030, Case 580 SM II, Mahindra 1526
Hi Guys!

Wonder if little cracks in the hydraulic hose is a good reason to change it, or just wait until she blows??? I guess the sun dried that rubber out and now I have all kinds of tiny cracks right were the hose makes a 90 degree angle. A little off topic, I know, but my TC55DA is working so well, that there is nothing to write about it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Max

/ hydraulic hose #2  
If you are talking about normal high pressure hoses, I don't think the outer rubber layer does much except protect the braided wire inner layer(s). I've attached a picture of just such cracks on my old hydraulic toplink hoses. You can see that the braid is not stainless steel and it is rusting due to the outside rubber being cracked. Also, if some of the wires break, you will have a rusty burr that can cause a nasty puncture in your hands.

On a two-wire or quality hose, I would not worry about the outer rubber cracking unless you see fluid seepage. in those areas.

Attachments

• 770268-HoseCrack.jpg
    770268-HoseCrack.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 386
   / hydraulic hose
Yes, Jinman...

mine looks similar to that. I am having this problem on the hydraulic chute on the snow blower. If you don't have any trouble with that, then I shouldn't have much trouble with mine either. Once I had a flat spot on the 18LA loader and all of the sudden the whole hose leaked like something else. Yes, I did have the bucket full so do not ask me how fast that oil came out and the bucket dropped. Had the whole front end covered with hydraulic oil. That is why I got a little shy on that hose. ;-)

Thanx again!

/ hydraulic hose #4  
All four of my OEM bucket curl hoses failed at random intervals. I replaced them all with 4000 psi hoses I got made at my NH dealer and have had no problems at all since. I just think the loader's OEM hoses are not as good as they should be. The hose in my photo is a 4000 psi two-wire hose and doesn't get a lot of heavy duty work since it's on my toplink cylinder. Unless it shows signs of bulging or seeping, I won't worry about it. I think most hoses fail right where they get crimped into the fitting unless they have a worn spot from rubbing or being crushed.