DX18/22/24/25E problems

/ DX18/22/24/25E problems #1  

newred

Bronze Member
Tractor
CaseIH DX26
Anyone having any troubles ? After 1st year little bugs seem to be worked out but now fender shell is cracking where seat mounts to it. Dealer here had 4 to do , 2 were done last time I was in , leaving mine til spring. Seems to be same across board from light to heavier operators and residential to commercial use. Is this common problem in other areas or are we hard on our machines here ? Warranty soon be off , machine works very nice but won`t be happy to see problems continue. Dealer been 200% to work with though! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ DX18/22/24/25E problems #2  
I'm fortunate in that I too have a good dealer. I just found another break this past week - one of the metal tabs on the side engine cover that bolts into the braket near the muffler broke away, so now the cover rattles against the hood. I've had my share of broken pieces, parts, etc. on this machine - some from hard use, some from just poor design or construction. My wife's getting tired of me coming in after every 5-8 hours of use telling her of the next broken thing I found on my tractor. My dad's old early nineties Yanmar could run circles around this machine as far as durability was concerned.

Since I will be needing a larger machine at some point soon to handle additional tasks, I'm just patching this one back together until I sell it. I won't be getting another CNH product, and 2 local dealers don't have a problem with me jumping ship, as they agree they see a lot more warranty repairs with the CNH machines than the other major brand they sell.

I think CNH spent too much time putting together a great looking machine, and not enough time putting together a great working machine. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I've had a lot of seat time on my neighbor's BX22 - it has more than twice the hours on it, and I am much more impressed with that machine than my DX24E. I used to use it for just the backhoe work, then jump onto mine for the loader work, but now, once I've got the BX running, I just use it until I'm finished with the job, while my machine sits around watching and pouting. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ DX18/22/24/25E problems #3  
I wonder if the NH owners are having any of these same problems? As I understand it, the CIH and NH are the same tractors save to color of the paint and plastic.

/ DX18/22/24/25E problems #4  
<font color="blue"> I wonder if the NH owners are having any of these same problems? </font>

I went through all of the posts I could find from owners of TZ models and found none of these issues mentioned.

/ DX18/22/24/25E problems
Part of problem is as new as DXE and TZ tractors are and great as this forum is , don`t believe there are that many owners on here.

/ DX18/22/24/25E problems #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> I wonder if the NH owners are having any of these same problems? </font>

I went through all of the posts I could find from owners of TZ models and found none of these issues mentioned. )</font>

Could be a couple of reasons:

1. Blue owners don't use their machines that hard?
2. More likely, most folks don't post about the little things like I've dealt with on my machine, and would probably chock it up to breakage due to use. I probably wouldn't make much of a deal of it either if it weren't for the fact that I am able to make a side-by-side comparison between two sub compacts by two different manufacturers, both machines that I considered very seriously when shopping. I can't help but put the 2 machines up against one another as a result of my use of them both.

But if I wasn't able to use another manufacturer's machine to compare to, I most likely would be preparing myself to purchase a DX29, instead of a B3030. I still think that the Case machines are sharp looking and ergonomically well suited to me, and although I would prefer to stick with red, (and the DX29 seems to still be able to lure me into its clutches, so to speak) there's a little voice inside that says to go orange with the next machine. That's not to say that I won't find some of the weak points in a B3030, but I think that changing brands is the way I need to go with my next purchase.

I do know this, whatever I find with my next machine, I'll give honest feedback, whether good or bad. I think I've outgrown my brand loyal days, as I've found that over time, any manufacturer can have a shift in quality be it good or bad, whether domestic or foreign.

And I'm also not saying that I hate my little DX24E - it's still my baby, I will miss it when it's gone, and I'm not in a big rush to get rid of it. It'd just be nice to maybe not have to deal with all of the minor inconveniences so often.

/ DX18/22/24/25E problems #7  
Just wondering what the dealers are doing about the problem with the fender where the seat bracket mounts. I have a DX24E and just happen to see your post with the seat, went to check my tractor and sure enough the fender was cracking where the front two brackets mount. I have 100 hrs. on mine no problems just had to take it in for minor adjustments on hydraulic pto slipping.

/ DX18/22/24/25E problems #8  
I have a NH TC24DA and I have had a problem with the seat mount. It did not break at the fenders though, it broke right under the seat.

Here's a link to the post:

TC24DA broken seat....time for a diet?

Hope this helps. No other problems so far, tweaked the injection pump a little for some more balls going up hills and added a vertical exhaust to keep soot from blowing all over loader arms and into my face. Good luck.

/ DX18/22/24/25E problems #10  
Yeah but your compact TC is not the same machine as the Subcompact TZ/DXE models that are being discussed in this thread. So your seat mount fixes/issues are different than on our machines.