Lawnboy - No more 2 stroke ???

/ Lawnboy - No more 2 stroke ??? #1  

gobbler

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1800
I've was just looking at the Lawnboy website trying to research a new walk behind mower and noticed that they no longer make any 2 stroke lawnmowers. When did this happen? I was hoping to buy one this spring.

I may have just answered my own question. Looks like they still produce them, found the Gold Pro & Silver Pro series with the 2 cycle engines. Thy're just not front and center on the webpage when you click on walk-behind mowers. You can find them by linking through the engines page.

/ Lawnboy - No more 2 stroke ??? #2  
When I first bought my house 23 years ago I needed a mower. So I went to the local cemetary to see what they used, the foreman said he got 2 to 3years out of his 2 cycles and only about six mos out of 4 cycles running 8hrs a day five days a week. that sold me. I bought a lawn boy, expensive at the time, but i'm still mowing with it and have done nothing but clean the filter and sharpen the blade.

/ Lawnboy - No more 2 stroke ??? #3  
A fellow who worked for me told me his 2-stroke Lawnboy was 25 years old the last time I asked him about it. I bought a used one (supposedly only one or two years old) in '72. It was still good as new when I gave it away in '89 when we sold the house and took off full time RVing. Easiest starting machine I ever owned for a manual pull start. Every time I finished using it, I washed it top and bottom with a garden hose, then turned off the gas valve under the tank, restarted it, and let it run until it ran out of gas and died.

/ Lawnboy - No more 2 stroke ??? #4  
Here's the link to the one that I'd recommend.

2 stroke lawnboy

Not sure how much longer you can buy one of these. Maybe not legal in California??? Someone will know for sure.

These are awesome machines. Just don't loan them out. Someone will ALWAYS put plain gas in and burn up the engine. I worked at a dealer that sold them and we had a pile of burned up units. Picked parts off of them. Cost to replace motor was roughly half of a new one. Most folks bought new ones and learned their lesson.

/ Lawnboy - No more 2 stroke ??? #5  
As a followup I was just thinking over the years, before the advent of weedeaters & leafblowers, quite a few people would say to me I can't be bothered with a two cycle mower it's toomuch work mixing the gas. I found mixing the gas was less work than changing the oil, but maybe it's just me.

/ Lawnboy - No more 2 stroke ??? #6  
check out the 4 cycle trimmers that r made now.
husky, shindaiwa

/ Lawnboy - No more 2 stroke ??? #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( check out the 4 cycle trimmers that r made now.
husky, shindaiwa )</font>

I don't know about Husky, but the shindaiwa has a unique 4cycle that still uses premix fuel for lubrication.

/ Lawnboy - No more 2 stroke ??? #8  
I wish you luck trying to find a 2 stroke lawn boy! they don't sell them any more! try lookig at toro who bought out lawn boy,they have some very nice mower ,I like the super recycler,with cast alum deck and with ovh briggs engine and with 5 yr warranty! that's a true warranty!!!

/ Lawnboy - No more 2 stroke ??? #9  
I don't know whether they still sell them or not, but they do still list them on lawnboy.com (6.5 hp DuraForce 2-stroke).

/ Lawnboy - No more 2 stroke ??? #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I wish you luck trying to find a 2 stroke lawn boy! they don't sell them any more! try lookig at toro who bought out lawn boy,they have some very nice mower ,I like the super recycler,with cast alum deck and with ovh briggs engine and with 5 yr warranty! that's a true warranty!!! )</font>

Greenquality-click on the blue link a few posts above