shenniu "bison 25" ??

/ shenniu "bison 25" ?? #1  

goffracing

shenniu \"bison 25\" ??

anyone have any info on these tractors?
like where to get parts im in alabama and my father inlaw has one just sitting and going to waste because it needs to have a motor rebuild and he now has a big kubota tractor and has said i could fix and use/have so any help would be great it looks in good shape just needs to be used..

/ shenniu "bison 25" ?? #2  
Re: shenniu \"bison 25\" ??

<font color="blue">anyone have any info on these tractors?
like where to get parts im in alabama and my father inlaw has one just sitting and going to waste because it needs to have a motor rebuild </font>

Hey goffracing,

The only one that I know of is: Darrell Harp Interprises in Red Bay, Alabama. That's where I got my parts from, when I had mine 1990-97.

Talk to Marselle, he's a really nice fellow, and tell him Joe sent you, and tell him, I said to treat you right. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hopefully, he still works there, and if he does, he is the only one that you want to deal with.

Best of Luck &
Have a nice day,
Joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ shenniu "bison 25" ??

thanks for the info joe i will try to get ahold of them on monday...

any thoughts on the tractor itself?? is it worth fixing up??

/ shenniu "bison 25" ?? #4  

The Hardy Diesel is also Shenniu, they are in California. if all else fails you could contact the factory and they may be able to tell you who might have parts or even ship you direct.
Shenniu tractor compnay

/ shenniu "bison 25" ?? #6  

<font color="blue">any thoughts on the tractor itself?? is it worth fixing up?? </font>

Hey Goffracing,

Well, I can understand that since it was your Father's Tractor, that it may have sentimental value.

If it has Power Steering that would be a plus. Bear in mind that you can get a new 254 Shinniu for about 5 thousand. I consider them the First Generation of Chinese Tractors. They are 2 cylinder, which vibrate a lot, no canopy, no wheel weights, no front end weights, However they pull really good and are powerful tractors in their size.

One alternative avenue, might be to donate the tractor to a Technical Trade School for the engine technician's class, and use that donation in on your taxes. With the saving's on your taxes, you could use that money's toward a new Jinma or Kama.

The Jinma's are smooth running 3 cylinder engines, with Power Steering, 4wd, canopy, wheel weights, front end weights, suspension seat(optional). and a 254 Jinma can still be had for around 6 thousand.

Heck my little 3 cylinder runs so smooth and along with the suspension seat, I feel like I'm riding on a cloud, course that's after I've a few sips. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The new Jinma's and Kama's are a much improved generation of Chinese Tractor, and they are like a night and day difference in workmanship and operation, over the Early Shinniu's.

It will have to be your call though, and I wish you the best of luck, in which ever way that you decide to go.

Have a nice day,
Joe /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ shenniu "bison 25" ?? #8  
Re: shenniu "bison 25" ??

This may be late info, but try Jim's Farm Equipment in Gallipoli,Ohio. www.merchantcircle.com/business/Jims.Farm.Equipment

They have parts for these tractors at reasonable prices. I have aShenniu 254 that i bought new back in '95 and it is still going, although it doesn't like cold weather (it is 14 degrees out with a 25 mph wind as i write this and the tractor was a bear to start.

/ shenniu "bison 25" ?? #9  

I just ordered my parts from Sherry at Darrell Harp Enterprise I needed 2 hoses, 1 hose was going to cost $30.00 and the other $100.00 to have made locally. I'm getting them both shipped to me for $28.52. I am so excited. :thumbsup:

/ shenniu "bison 25" ?? #10  

I have a 25 hp biison by shenniu has a busted housing am looking for someone who has a tractor for sale for parts don,t know what year it is has a good engine and transmission any help will be appreciated