Oil & Fuel Kubota G5200H Fuel problem?

/ Kubota G5200H Fuel problem? #1  

04sierra04

A few weeks back my G5200H quit running.

I pulled the injectors and it seems as though theirs no fuel.
I checked the fuel bowl near the injectors and it seems to be low on fuel.

I removed the wheel and disconnected the fuel pump (electric) and hooked it up direct to a 12v source. It doesn't seem as though the pump is doing anything so I ordered a replacement. I tested the NEW replacement by connecting it to a working 12v source but it still doesn't seem to do anything...

I mean, 12V is 12V right? when connecting the pump to a 12v source, it should pump??

Is it possible that the replacement was defective out of the box?

Thanks for ANY help!

04Sierra04.

/ Kubota G5200H Fuel problem? #2  
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE NEW PUMP IS DEFECTIVE(1 IN 20 YEARS) CHECK THE BATTERY AND INSURE THAT THE POSITIVE POST IS HOOKED TO STARTER. THAT IS THE MOST COMMON PROBLEM. IF NOT CONNECTED CORRECTLY THE DIODE IN PUMP WILL BURN UP AS SOON AS TURNED ON.

/ Kubota G5200H Fuel problem?
I dont know if the last update went through or not so here it is again.

Yep, both battery cables are secure, tractor rolls over real good just no kick.

Now, is testing the fuel pump as easy as connecting it to a 12v source? I mean, I'm not missing something kubotaish here am I?

Thanks,
04sierra04

/ Kubota G5200H Fuel problem? #4  
Don't know if you checked it or not, but there is an in line fuse on the fuel pump, maybe it is blown. If I remember correctly the fuse is under the dash, not 100% sure of location, it's been a few years since I changed it.

/ Kubota G5200H Fuel problem? #5  
12 V IS 12V BUT THE POLARITY IS VERY IMPORTANT. IN OTHER WORDS, POSITIVE TO NEGATIVE FLOW. THE PUMP HAS TWO WIRES, AND IF HOOKED UP BACKWARDS, WILL BURN UP PUMP. HAVE YOU RECENTLY DONE ANYTHING WITH THE BATTERY?

/ Kubota G5200H Fuel problem? #6  
John,

Take the cap lock off. When you type in UPPER CASE it is the same as if I am in front of you and you are YELLING at me. Lower case if more friendly. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kubota G5200H Fuel problem?
OK, let me give y'all the full story.

A friend hooked up the battery in the kubota backwards.
Amazingly, it did turn over but wouldn't start.

That's when I noticed his error, changed the battery back properly.

From there, I noticed that I had no dash lights so I checked the fuse under the steering wheel (only one this tractor has I think) It was burnt. I replaced it. I now had dash lights once again.

From there, the tractor still wouldn't start, it would roll over great but no kick. That's when I started checking the fuel supply and it seems to be that no fuel is making it to the injectors. That's when I started checking out the fuel pump. I hooked the fuel pump up directly (in good polarity) to a battery and nothing happened. That's when I figured the pump was shot. I ordered a replacement and installed it but still the pump wouldn't pump at all. I tested it by hooking it up direct and it did nothing. So, at this point I'm wondering if my replacement pump (new) is dead too? -is- it possible that I killed it when I installed it in the tractor? I doubt it unless theirs another wiring problem somewhere but I didn't see any?... Should I return this pump and order another one and test it with a battery before installing it?

I appreciate all the help with this one as spring is going to come fast and I'll really need this tractor as my zero turn ransommes mower is also broken /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks,
04sierra04

/ Kubota G5200H Fuel problem? #8  
Just bumping this up as I'm having a similar problem and could use the knowledge from this to help myself.
thanks
Frank /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Kubota G5200H Fuel problem? #9  
Bumping again to see If there was a final resolution to this! I could really benefit from understanding whether the fuel pump can be wired directly and expecting it to work?
thanks

/ Kubota G5200H Fuel problem? #10  
I wired mine directly to the battery only to find out I had a fuse to blow...I have also had mine to mow...mow...mow and quit 2/3 of the way to finish cool off and start right up and quit again. I finally cleaned the fuel lines and the return lines and connection at the tank how does gunk get by the filters??