need help to engage pto on 7530

/ need help to engage pto on 7530 #1  
Tractor
cub cadet 7530
This question makes it sound like I'm an idiot but honestly I can't seem to engage the rear pto lever. It feels like it should go yet one more inch. The independant clutch adjustment knob also seems like it doesn't want to turn. Is It just a matter of gears not wanting to mesh. Tractor is new with about ten hours on the meter. I really love the cub but this is frustrating. Am I missing something. Everything in neutral ,and clutch in, and move lever to engaged position, let out clutch, and nothing..., : /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Anyone familiar with this model? Maybe something I'm just not doing right? Is It a little tricky to get the gears to mesh?
Thanks for any help,
Spencer

/ need help to engage pto on 7530 #2  
I don't have any experience with that tractor... but on my old Kubota it was a little tricky to get the PTO to engage. Sometimes I would try and it wouldn't go... so I would move the tractor forward a bit and try again and normally it fell right in. You might want to try the same technique and see if that helps.

/ need help to engage pto on 7530
DmansPadge,
Yeah I was thinking I might be able to get out today and pulling forward a little and backward just gently get it to go in but nothing doing. I did notice that when the lever is in the dissengaged position the pto spins freely by hand but when I have the lever in the engaged position then the pto won't turn by hand.

I'm hoping someone may know this particular tractor and give me some suggestions. Anyone?
Spencer

/ need help to engage pto on 7530
Found the problem, just in case anyone runs across this ---the electric turn switch for the independant pto clutch pack had been taken apart and not put back together properly. The housing turns and locks in place but had slipped partially apart and wasn't making contact.

15 minutes fiddling and I'm good to go. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thanks, Spencer