10/20 Series IDI Engines?

/ 10/20 Series IDI Engines? #2  
WhatsNext,
Ok, since it looks like no one else is going to bite I'll get us started.
Would you mind telling us who are lacking in the brain cell department just what the heck you are talking about so we can start discussing it. Hal.

/ 10/20 Series IDI Engines? #3  
I'm not an engineer or a mechanic, but I notice that the 2 links you post refer specifically to automotive diesels. I know that direct injection is available on some tractors, but I don't know if the advantages/disadvantages of high-tech car diesels translate the same to tractors. Audi is mounting a diesel effort at Le Mans this year, and Europe has gone ape for diesel cars, but does anyone know how this relates to how our machines work? Are the power/efficiency/emissions/noise/dependability issues the same?

As I understand it, Cummins has only recently taken on our Kukje engines in their small engine line, and it doesn't make sense for them to have entered into this relationship with an obsolete design. Can any dealers/mechanics/experts shine any light on what matters and what doesn't?

/ 10/20 Series IDI Engines? #4  
I tried to reply to this earlier, it seems to have got lost.

Agriculture and marine tend to be "late adopters" of technology advances. It doesn't necessarily mean that their designs are "obsolete", rather that they incorporate design elements that are mature.

I wouldn't have wanted, for example, to have gone through something similar to the Ford 6.0 Powerstroke engine "New Technology" issues of the last few years on a tractor.
HPCR is good, it is getting better, it still seems to need ultra clean fuel, I don't think it is ready for the Ag market - not at the compact tractor level anyway.