Need to replace loader joystick rubber boot

/ Need to replace loader joystick rubber boot #1  

rlee6

Silver Member
Tractor
Allmand 8435 HST (TYM T330 HST)
Does the rubber boot go by size? Can I go to any tractor dealer and buy one based on size? Is there an improvesed way to cover up the bottom part of joystick with a different material? Thanks.
PS: I don't know the model nubmer of my loader.

/ Need to replace loader joystick rubber boot #2  
rlee; What kind of machine do you have? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Need to replace loader joystick rubber boot #3  
I replaced the one on my loader. The boot they had in stock was from a different valve, but I stretched it over and it worked fine.

/ Need to replace loader joystick rubber boot #4  
I don't know about you guys, but the protection I plan on for my FEL controller is about 40' by 60'. Does that sound about right?

Tom /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Need to replace loader joystick rubber boot
Thorndike:
I really don't know much about my loader. I bought my machine (Allmand 8435 HST) second hand. Someone told me that the loader is made by SOO, an OEM loader maker. Caterpillar tractors have their loaders, I was told. But I don't have the model number. That's why I asked if the boots go by size.

40x60: I don't get it. Just consider me slow.

/ Need to replace loader joystick rubber boot #6  
Try and AGCO dealer.... they build loaders for them... they might be able to get you fixed up.

/ Need to replace loader joystick rubber boot #7  
I was about to make one from an inner tube but I found out the Mahindra dealer had one for $14.95.
Also, JC Whitney has split boots for universal joints that might be large but you could customize.

/ Need to replace loader joystick rubber boot #8  
rlee6,
All the compact loaders from Cat, AGCO and Massey are made by SOO. Where it mounts, is it a round shape or a square shape? BTW, if the boot just has a tear in it, liquid tape does a good job of repairing it.