Kubota BX1850 vs. NH TZ18DA vs. ???

/ Kubota BX1850 vs. NH TZ18DA vs. ??? #1  

duck_man

I'm looking at the Kubota BX1850, the New holland TZ18DA and the Case that appears to be the exact same as the NH with a different paint job.

I need the loader and an mmm, probably 54".

My first tractor, mostly to cut 3 acres of grass and haul a bit of dirt around.

I'm not loyal to any particular brand, but the father-in-law, a typical stubborn old retired farmer, may disown us if we don't get the Kubota.

Any thoughts? Any other recommendations or other brands to look at? My budget (based on the Kubota price) is about $16000 Canadian.

Thanks!
duck

/ Kubota BX1850 vs. NH TZ18DA vs. ??? #2  
Just a comment on the old stubborn father comment. I'm surprised to hear you say Kubota rather than Deere or Massey as those were probably the most popular farm tractors of all time.

Kubota wasn't even here until the 70s, so I'm surprised your father would have been using one of their little compacts to farm.

Check out the Massey subcompact, I think it's the GC2300? Maybe the wrong model number, don't have time to go look. It's a good one also.

If you want a 54" bucket on the loader, I think you may have to go up to a compact rather than a sub compact.

The case is indeed owned and made my Case/NH and is the same tractor.
John

/ Kubota BX1850 vs. NH TZ18DA vs. ??? #4  
As others who've been on this forum a lot longer than I have will tell you, go sit on each of them, drive them around.

I just bought a Kubota BX2230 last week. I borrowed a Massey Ferguson GC2300 (which is basically the same tractor as the Agco ST22A) for a weekend from the implement place just down the street. I went with the Kubota because I liked how I felt in it better. The MF engine was also way louder, and pushed out a lot of black smoke, which seemed like a not good thing for a new engine.

I looked at the NH comparison chart, but looked at the TZ22 because it closer to what I got. One advantage of the NH appears to be 3" of extra ground clearance.

This might sound silly, but I didn't go with the NH because I don't like the way they look. The blue is fine, but I just didn't see myself on it.

One last thing. I was originally looking at the 1830. When I realized that I could get a 22HP engine for about $600 more, it seemed like a no brainer. In just 10 days (and 10 hours on my tractor, I have already run into situations (digging) when I am glad for the little extra oomph). I bought last years model of Kubota because the differences were mostly cosmetic, and I saved $1,600 off of this year's model (I got last year's 22HP version for about $1,000 less than the current 18HP model).

/ Kubota BX1850 vs. NH TZ18DA vs. ??? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm guessing he meant 54" mmm, not loader. )</font>
Yes, somehow I only saw loader. Thanks.
John

/ Kubota BX1850 vs. NH TZ18DA vs. ???
The In-Laws never farmed with the little Kubota but they've retired to 5 acres.

I've sat on all of them and I plan to drive them all. They all seem very similar. How about resale? Judging by the auctions I've been to lately looking for a used Kubota (I've given up!) they hold their value almost to a ridiculous level. Are the other brands the same?

My land is as flat as can be. I would love more horsepower but along with that comes more expense, larger implements, etc. and the costs start getting out of control. I will see about getting into the 2350 instead. My wife's dad has an older, larger Kubota with a 17 hp in it (is it a model 1700???) and has had no problems getting the job done.

Thanks for the input guys. Next weekend I'm going to the New Holland dealer for their spring demo days. I can assume from that what the Case is like, killing 2 birds with one stone. I am going to try to arrange to get the BX1850 out here for a day or so and move some dirt around too.

/ Kubota BX1850 vs. NH TZ18DA vs. ??? #7  
Kubota B6000, easy, small, effecient, and tows mountains

/ Kubota BX1850 vs. NH TZ18DA vs. ??? #8  
I bought a BX1850 last Feb. with front loader and 54" mower. LOVE it. Buy it.