3pt lift went dead. Any ideas???

/ 3pt lift went dead. Any ideas??? #1  

2Reds

Tractor
MF 1433/IH 300 Utility
I was bush hogging today and making some much needed progress when I went to lift the hog and it started to lift then went dead. Lever goes up and down but bush hog stays down. Loader works fine but three point can be lifted up and down manually. I also noticed (don't think it was my imagination) that the tractor is idling lower than normal. This happened on my Massey 1433. Any sugggestions? Thanks.

/ 3pt lift went dead. Any ideas??? #2  
If the three point goes dead it should be from a quick connector coming loose. But, with the loader still working that really doesn’t make since. I would still say to check the connectors. It might have to do with the way that your dealer plumbed it.

/ 3pt lift went dead. Any ideas??? #3  
There should be a knob to adjust rate of drop of the 3PH. On most Deeres, this is on the panel between your legs.

That's the first thing I'd check...no, the first thing I'd check would be the fluid level, then the rate of drop knob. Also, check the linkage on your rock shaft (3PH controller) lever.

If none of those, you really need a service manual (with the hydraulic schematics. I'd wager, if a hydraulic problem, you've a bad O-Ring or check valve.

/ 3pt lift went dead. Any ideas??? #4  
Do you have remotes? or Power beyond?

/ 3pt lift went dead. Any ideas???
Thank you Roy. I did try that adjustment knob first in hopes that it would be the culprit.

Jerry, it is like my father always says, "keep it simple cause it ain't magic." You were absolutely correct. I originally got off the tractor after fooling with the adjustment knob and looked underneath hoping to find a horrible leak of fluid. When I did not find any leaks I went straight to thinking beyond the simple. After your reply I went back down to the barn for a closer inspection. The quick connect was so subtly cocked that I could only tell it wasn't properly connected by actually grabbing and removing it. It was the second out of three connections there to be checked. I started the tractor and all was normal. Three point was back up. I can't thank you enough. I had a real successful day up to the point of losing my 3 pt. Got my 1952 troy built (model 3) tiller running for the season and had my rescued from the dump lesco walk behind going strong and was really bummed when the tractor stumbled. Thanks again. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe

/ 3pt lift went dead. Any ideas??? #6  
Glad that was all it was. When you said that the loader worked it made me wonder if that was the problem or not. Usually but not always everything will quit. As many times as I post for people to check those connectors it a wonder if I don't get in trouble with everybody here. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif