Mowing Land Pride 2572 Grooming Mower Quick Attach

/ Land Pride 2572 Grooming Mower Quick Attach #1  

Dicky

Hi all -

I just bought a Land Pride 2572 Rear Grooming mower for my JD 4300. It does not appear to be at all compatable with my Speedco quick attach hitch. I have found away to hook up just about every other implement, but the mower seems impossible. Any one else have this problem? Any solutions?
Mower is much less usable without being able to use the quick attach.

/ Land Pride 2572 Grooming Mower Quick Attach #2  
I searched yahoo under speedco quick attach hitch (just to understand if it was similar to Imatch) and found a lengthy thread on this forum 7/29/02. They seem to be talking about the same thing, you might check it out. When my RFM got to the dealer they were surprised that it had a similar incompatibility. They welded up a flexible elbow and put on a shorter top link. They said it took them a while but it works just fine. Their welding looks good to me but they wonder how it will hold up over the years. Sounds like a common issue. If you do some searches I bet you'll find a solution. Once something has been on the net it floats around forever. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Land Pride 2572 Grooming Mower Quick Attach #3  
Take a look at this Land Pride Quick Hitch . The last page of the manual shows an extra kit that Landpride sells to make their quick hitch compatible with the FDR mowers. If your Speedco hitch looks like the Landpride, you might want to have your Landpride dealer order you the kit. Hope this helps.

/ Land Pride 2572 Grooming Mower Quick Attach
Thanks very much.

/ Land Pride 2572 Grooming Mower Quick Attach #5  
Dicky,
I too use a Speeco quick hitch, cat I. My RFM is a Woods RD60 that works great but QH use is difficult. Woods offers a kit to permit QH use, but it involves replacing the top mount struts with chain links so it pivots forward and rearward. I called the engineer and asked about an alternative. He said you could use the Speeco optional top link like the LandPride one and try it, but watch carefully for interference.

I did so and found the only thing to worry about is contact between the mower driveshaft and underside of the QH horizontal bar. The RD60 is unusual in that the gearbox mounts about 2.5" higher than the JD and less expensive mowers. The LandPride horizontal bar is rectangular instead of square like the Speeco so there is more room under the LandPride QH for the driveshaft.

So far, my driveshaft and QH are happily married. I shorten the top link so the QH leans forward a bit at the top, that gives enough room for the mower flexible top mount and the Speeco top link to pivot freely. My lot is fairly flat and smooth so I don't have much opportunity for the shaft and hitch to hit. If you have more offset and rougher mowing it could be a problem. Being careful and mowing slow is fine with me. Keeps me from having to do other honey-dos if I sit longer on the tractor.

The only other thing I find about attachments and QH's is you need to buy a QH with an adjustable top hook. Many of the smaller or cheaper attachments don't use the regulation distance from lower pins to top pin. My KK carry-all requires me to use the top hook holes and the JD and Woods attachments require use of the lower hook mounts. I removed the bolts and use hitch pins of the proper size with lynch pins. I don't do a lot of heavy twisting with attachments like discs around corners, etc. so I don't worry about the hook brackets getting bent without bolts.

/ Land Pride 2572 Grooming Mower Quick Attach
Thanks for your insight. I fabricated an adjustable top link to replace the speeco hook. It looks sort of like the Land Pride part. The only problem I have now is the driveshaft. I guess I'll have to limit the down travel on the 3 point while going over dips in the ground. It would be great if I could find a workaround for this problem too.

01 JD 4300 430 ldr, frontier 5' BB, LX4, 6' disk, 6' Land Pride landscape rake, Land Pride FDR72 grooming mower, JD pallet forks and 6' KK grading blade