M9000?

/ M9000? #3  
Actually, it will be turbocharged and charge air cooled. The turbo is wastegated to control boost. It's a cute little sucker, about the diameter of a soup can...but it sounds sweeeeet.

I was going to put a straight pipe on my new one, but after looking at the beautiful stainless muffler, I decided against it.

Yes, they do have plenty of Bal........s. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A turbocharger is a very effective muffler as it breaks up the combustion sound waves as it spins.

/ M9000? #4  
Hummmm... I wonder if I could add a turbo to my BX1500? It'd be a "sleeper". /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ M9000? #5  
AD:

You could but it would be cost prohibitive. First off, the engine block isn't properly gussetted to withstand the added combustion pressure and the static compression ratio is too high. You could add a spacer plate to reduce compression and a wastegate to lower generated intake pressure (boost) but you'd still have to fabricate exhaust and intake manifolds to accomodate a turbocharger and a positive oil feed to lubricate it. You can turbo any engine, gas or diesel or add a Roots type supercharger (blower). It's just how big your wallet is.

A cheap alternative to power would be propane injection with a fogging nozzle similar to a Nitrous setup but the associated components (driveline) would probably suffer a short lived fate.

Propane is to a diesel what NOS is to a gasoline engine.

/ M9000? #6  
Thanks for the info but I was only kidding. BX's already have more power than they can put to good use anyway IMO.

Maybe Kubota should start a "concept" machine program like the automotive manufacturers do. I'm thinking chromed engine bay, flame job down the sides and ground effect lighting. (also kidding) /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ M9000? #7  
Don't forget billet wheels, dual exhaust and neon lighting. Maybe some hydraulics too!
The funny thing is that someone out there has probably done it.