CC 1042 or 1046 for bagging?

/ CC 1042 or 1046 for bagging? #1  

jeffbrinkerhoff

Hi,

I have about a one acre lot, mostly flat. Currently I have an old 18hp MTD 48" three blade that I just side discharge. I hate the clippings in the house, which happens a LOT with three kids and a dog.

Wife is so embarrased by "Old Oragesides" (Its a Hechinger branded hulk) that a new tractor is in the works. I dont have a huge budget, and my father in-law is a HUGE JD fan. My dad is a HUGE CC/Int fan. (Has an old big early 80's CC)

Im pretty much sold on either a JD 115 or a CC 1042/1046. Mostly I want to also BAG, but mulching as an option would be cool too. I have a pretty big garden too, that I use a craftsman tow-behind tiller to till once a year. If I choose the cub (leaning that way, like the electric PTO, and a few other creature comforts) which should I get? Which bags better - the 42" deck or the 46? Is there a "clear" difference between all the decks as to which do what best?

Thanks-
Jeff

/ CC 1042 or 1046 for bagging? #2  
Jeff,
I just purchased a cc LT1046 which comes standard with a mulching kit. I have about 2 acres and the mulching blades and plug work great. So far, no need for a bagger. I decided to purchase the 1046 for the larger deck and engine. I hope this helps.

/ CC 1042 or 1046 for bagging? #3  
I have a 1050 with 50" triple blade mower with a triple bagger. Works fine.