Mowing Enabling mowing in reverse?

/ Enabling mowing in reverse? #1  

mossie

I have a 1525 (Kawasaki 15HP) hydostatic transmission.

The PTO is disengaged when going in reverse. Can this be enable by defeating a switch. Or, would the belt/blades be turning the wrong direction making it impossible?

/ Enabling mowing in reverse? #2  
Yes, it can be disabled. Try doing a search, this topic has been discussed several times in the past.

Spinning mower blades have no idea what direction is forward, reverse, or sideways, they will cut the same regardless. They cover 360 degrees.

/ Enabling mowing in reverse?
tried searching but only turned up a zero turn model.

/ Enabling mowing in reverse? #4  
Welcome to the forum.
I let the owner figure out how the system operates and then figure out how to disable the reverse switch. The switch is there for people who mow with people in the yard, namely children. Too many are operating lawn mowers and equipment who know little to nothing about them. Thus, we get 'switches' added that dumb us all down. It's a safety thing put there by lawyers actions, and for mfg'r protection against lawsuits.
In short, if one can figure it out, one can easily make the modification. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif If not, maybe it should stay in place for their protection. I disconnected mine, and don't mow when anyone is around (except the neighbor dogs that like to sneak up behind me and start barking). Would like the 'right to carry' to pass in our state /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don't mean to offend anyone. Would like to see everyone know their machine well for safe operation. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Enabling mowing in reverse? #5  
<font color="blue"> ( tried searching but only turned up a zero turn model. ) </font>

Search for: cub cadet reverse switch

Forums: ALL
Search Options: AND
Date Range: All posts

I just love some of these "Safety" features. Because of a few idiots, everyone must suffer. Thank goodness my car still goes into reverse. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Enabling mowing in reverse? #6  
I disabled the reverse shut-off switch for the blades, now I'm going to configure this circuit to the seat engine kill switch. This was, I can get off the mower while it's still running, but the blades will disengage.

/ Enabling mowing in reverse?
I followed the linkage back and found the switch, in a very difficult to reach place. Wasn't even able to grip the wire connector to remove it. Slid 3 layers of electical tape between the contacts and now it will mow in reverse.

I know safety features are on there for a reason, and I generally don't bypass them, but having to push and pull the PTO switch back out 20 times when mowing the yard, when only backing up 2 or 3 feet was rediculous.

/ Enabling mowing in reverse? #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I disabled the reverse shut-off switch for the blades, now I'm going to configure this circuit to the seat engine kill switch. This was, I can get off the mower while it's still running, but the blades will disengage. )</font>

Why bother? Unless it's been changed you can get off the machine with the motor running as long as the brake is set and the blades are turned off. If this isn't the case with the newer mowers then my mistake.

/ Enabling mowing in reverse? #10  
On my JD if you pull the mower switch up when reversing it will keep the blades turning, the blades will continue to turn as long as you are in reverse. Don't know if CC works the same way though.