"Cruise Control"

/ "Cruise Control" #1  

GKThompson

Tractor
New Holland TC40DA
\"Cruise Control\"

I have a NH TC40DA. There is "cruise control" rocker switch to the right of the seat that is often difficult to engage, i.e., it won't stay on when I push it. Tapping on the brake pedal several times seems to help, so I'm wondering if there is a swith that connects to the brake pedal that kills the cruise mode that is not working well. Anyone else have this problem? thanks, KT

/ "Cruise Control"
\"Cruise Control\"

I have a NH TC40DA. There is "cruise control" rocker switch to the right of the seat that is often difficult to engage, i.e., it won't stay on when I push it. Tapping on the brake pedal several times seems to help, so I'm wondering if there is a swith that connects to the brake pedal that kills the cruise mode that is not working well. Anyone else have this problem? thanks, KT

/ "Cruise Control" #3  
Re: \"Cruise Control\"

No, I don't have the problem, but yes, there is a disconnect. I'm pretty sure it's a switch, and it is only activated by the left brake, at least on the DX29. Follow the brake linkage and you might find it unless it's buried inside something. The wiring diagram in the back of your manual should show you which way is the default -- i.e. if you can disable it by cutting the wires or if you need a jumper.

I think you might be able to solve the problem by adjusting your brake linkage a little, but I could be wrong. I'm sure someone has some info on this.

/ "Cruise Control" #4  

No, I don't have the problem, but yes, there is a disconnect. I'm pretty sure it's a switch, and it is only activated by the left brake, at least on the DX29. Follow the brake linkage and you might find it unless it's buried inside something. The wiring diagram in the back of your manual should show you which way is the default -- i.e. if you can disable it by cutting the wires or if you need a jumper.

I think you might be able to solve the problem by adjusting your brake linkage a little, but I could be wrong. I'm sure someone has some info on this.

/ "Cruise Control" #5  

DaTeacha is right. On my DX-33, that switch got out of adjustment. I had to get under the tractor and adjust the switch to get my cruise to start working. It’s a little switch that has two small bolts. Take the bolts loose and you can slide it back and forth. My bolts came loose and it slipped backward which wouldn’t let me engage the cruise switch.

/ "Cruise Control" #6  

DaTeacha is right. On my DX-33, that switch got out of adjustment. I had to get under the tractor and adjust the switch to get my cruise to start working. It’s a little switch that has two small bolts. Take the bolts loose and you can slide it back and forth. My bolts came loose and it slipped backward which wouldn’t let me engage the cruise switch.

/ "Cruise Control" #9  

I had the same problem with my TC33D, actually the cruise quite working altogether.

The brake switch is in front of the pedal arm so when the pedal moves back, it depresses the switch. Mine had moved so far as to not even be in contact with the brake pedal arm, must have snagged something. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Once it was realigned, work fine.

/ "Cruise Control" #10  

I had the same problem with my TC33D, actually the cruise quite working altogether.

The brake switch is in front of the pedal arm so when the pedal moves back, it depresses the switch. Mine had moved so far as to not even be in contact with the brake pedal arm, must have snagged something. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Once it was realigned, work fine.