Need suggestions on finish mower......

/ Need suggestions on finish mower...... #1  

leeinmemphis

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota 5040 with FEL
Well the farm is coming together a LOT faster than anticipated. We are going to need a finishing mower to mow probably roughly 2 acres. I wil be using a 5040 Kubota 4x4 and currently run a 7' bush hog. I was wondering if you guys could recommend a low maintenance/good performing finish mower that will work behind my tractor?

/ Need suggestions on finish mower......
Well the farm is coming together a LOT faster than anticipated. We are going to need a finishing mower to mow probably roughly 2 acres. I wil be using a 5040 Kubota 4x4 and currently run a 7' bush hog. I was wondering if you guys could recommend a low maintenance/good performing finish mower that will work behind my tractor?

/ Need suggestions on finish mower...... #3  
This answer might meet with some other opinions, but to me the top RFM right now is the Woods Premium. If you take a small step down, the Woods RM series and Befco are tough to beat. The other manufacturers are good, but to me these are tough to beat, and do not really cost THAT much more.

John M

/ Need suggestions on finish mower...... #4  
This answer might meet with some other opinions, but to me the top RFM right now is the Woods Premium. If you take a small step down, the Woods RM series and Befco are tough to beat. The other manufacturers are good, but to me these are tough to beat, and do not really cost THAT much more.

John M

I was looking at that unit and didn't know how expensive it would be? I should have mentioned that I am definitely a fan of woods products so if they make a good quality low maintenance mower then that is definitely an option. thanks again.

I was looking at that unit and didn't know how expensive it would be? I should have mentioned that I am definitely a fan of woods products so if they make a good quality low maintenance mower then that is definitely an option. thanks again.

/ Need suggestions on finish mower...... #7  
Woods is no doubt a top performer, but I need to stick up for my LandPride rear discharge unit. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Need suggestions on finish mower...... #8  
Woods is no doubt a top performer, but I need to stick up for my LandPride rear discharge unit. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Need suggestions on finish mower...... #9  
Gary,

Point well taken. I should have mentioned Landpride in the group and did not. I apologize.

John M

/ Need suggestions on finish mower...... #10  
Gary,

Point well taken. I should have mentioned Landpride in the group and did not. I apologize.

John M