TC40D Engine just stopped - Any help?

/ TC40D Engine just stopped - Any help? #1  

markey02

Tractor
2001 New Holland TC40D
All,

My TC40D just stopped and now will not turn over. I checked the safety switch under the seat and it is fine, I even by-passed it to make sure. The PTO was running when the tractor stopped and the PTO light does not come on when the ignition is on. I also checked the ignition switch and it also appears fine.

Thanks,

Tim in Michigan

/ TC40D Engine just stopped - Any help? #2  
Besure PTO lever is back in off position. Set parking brake. Check oil.

/ TC40D Engine just stopped - Any help?
PTO lever is in "dis-engage" position. Parking break is on. Oil was low, now it is right on the mark.

/ TC40D Engine just stopped - Any help? #4  
Did you check for a blown fuse. Just a thought.

/ TC40D Engine just stopped - Any help? #5  
markey02,

fuel level, fuel filter plugged, fuel line plugged, main 40A fuse blown ??

Vic

/ TC40D Engine just stopped - Any help? #6  
Make sure your gear shift lever is really in Neutral and the parking brake is on.
You say it stopped, what was happening just before it stopped?
Is your 40D new? What condition is it in. Was it left out in the rain perhaps to freeze and thaw on a dealers lot?
I thought I bought a new 40D 2 years ago; but it was severely compromised by having been left out and I've gone to a second dealer for warranty and repair work. Now it's out of warrantee (2 yrs.) and the problems are worse.

/ TC40D Engine just stopped - Any help?
Would you believe that it was a 7.5 amp fuse? She's running fine now.

I was not sure where the fuse box was. After some tinkering (checking all the kill switches) I had the side pannel off and looked up under the dash. And wouldn't you know, I found the back side of fuse pannel. Took off the gage cluster and I found the fuse pannel. It would of been much easier had I look there first.

Thanks all for your suggestions!

/ TC40D Engine just stopped - Any help? #8  
Was your PTO light on all the time?

/ TC40D Engine just stopped - Any help? #10  
replace it with a circuit breaker ... they may have to order it but it's in the parts book ....that one blows a lot ....