What Implements do I need?

/ What Implements do I need? #1  

Anonymous Poster

I am new to the tractor industry and will be buying a Kubota 2710 soon. I need a few implements to turn a 3 acre field into a level mowable lawn. I am not sure what implements that I need. Do I need a tiller, disk, or plow to break up the soil? I am assuming that a landscaping box would be the next step. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

/ What Implements do I need? #2  
A good box scraper with scarifiers will be your best friend and least expensive way to go. You can rough it up with the scarifiers all the way down and eventually pulverize and level by dragging around all that dirt. It will take some time however but I suspect that won't be a problem! Just drive around in circles all day until it looks good.

/ What Implements do I need? #3  
DSmith,
I'm not sure of what type of soil your land made of,but you can talk to others in your area to get idea or your local dealership.

What ever implements you may purchase always decide if there more use in the future for that implement.

I would consider some kind of all purpose rake implement,for it will pay for its self./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Sounds like your really getting your feet wet and I hope your enjoying the tractor world./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Hope the first day of summer shall be a pleasant one for you and stay/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Thomas..NH

/ What Implements do I need? #4  
The best tool, unfortunately, is the most expensive, so you may want to rent a tiller for a weekend or buy one if you are going to have a garden. Mow the 3 acres short first, use the scarfiers on the box blade to rough it up, use a tiller in each direction (about 12 hours setting on a tractor) and you will have a nice smooth seed bed. You can pull a piece of 4 1/2 inch heavy wall pipe or a chain harrow if any further smooting is needed. A box blade is an easy way to cut high places and fill low places if needed and is useful in maintaining a gravel road. The most used implement will probably be a Rotary Mower to mow all that nice grass from now on. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ What Implements do I need? #6  
Re: First time shopper tips may help>> click here

Steve,

Really good link for tractor lookers, I especially like the horsepower comparison and YOUR evaluation of where each tractor fits within the line. This should help new lookers!

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ What Implements do I need? #7  

Steve, I'd like to suggest you read the information "Can I use HTML in my posts?" in the FAQ. If you type "url" in brackets before the URL and "/url" in brackets after it, then it can just be clicked on to go to it, but otherwise the reader has to type it into the address bar (unless I'm missing something myself, which wouldn't be anything unusual where computers are concerned)./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ What Implements do I need? #8  

Yes the html is the way to go with the post but if its not the easiest way I found Bird was to do it like this:
First use the left mouse button to highlight the address blue.
Second go up to the top of your browser and click edit, when the drop down menu comes down click copy.
Third go to your address bar and put the blinky line (high tech redneck talk) on the right hand side and click backspace to clear the address bar.
Fourth open the edit window and click paste and the address will appear on the address line.
Hope this helps that is about all I know about computers!!!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

/ What Implements do I need? #9  

Just plain forgot and wasn't thinking about that, Gordon. Of course, you're right.

Bird

/ What Implements do I need? #10  

Bird and here I was thinking I was the master computer geek---not--. The computer and I tolerate each other but the computer usually wins!!! But I learn as I go and I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Six months ago I had no idea what html was, maybe short for hotel motel./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Now I know just enough to get myself in trouble.
Gordon