If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD?

/ If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD? #1  

JasonMac

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3720 Cab Tractor
Ok, If you could change anything on your tractor, it could be something never thought of before, or something you may have had on your previous John Deere, Or Other Brand, What would it be?

I know I really miss the Feel & Feedback that I used to have on my JD 4200. I do have to say I love the idea of Loadmatch. I really think it is great. But I have to be honest and tell you I would give that up, If I could have my Mechanical Hydro Pedals transplanted on my new machine. I could always feel the resistance up through my foot, where now on my new machine, I am just pressing down on electric pedals that have no feeling at all. I have made a lot of ruts digging into piles etc not realizing the tires are spinning.

So the one thing that I would definatley change on my 3720 Cab Tractor, if I had the option would be to have Mechanical Hydro Pedals installed, instead of Electronic...

The Other thing I would definatley love to have is the ability to have a backhoe on my Cab Tractor. I really thought JD would have done something about this by now.

I also think a Self Leveling Version of the 300cx Loader would also be a cool feature to be available.. Maybe call it the 300cxsl

And maybe add a few more inches behind the operator seat for extra room.

However, Don't get my wrong, I really really really love my machine...

What would you guys change on your tractor if you could????

/ If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD? #2  
While my tractor doesn't have a load match button, it does have it running & unadjustable all the time. I would like it if the tractor would bog just a little before it slows down, then I could slow it down manually. I don't know if every JD hydro does this, but I would like the hydro to automatically shift down to the slower setting when I roll to a stop from higher speeds. Maybe that made no sense? I notice if I have been traveling in low range at full pedal, come up to the dirt pile, slow down to a creeping stop, drop bucket & lightly touch the go pedal, I get full 2 wheel (or more) tire spin. I have to let off the go pedal, lightly touch the reverse pedal & then the go pedal. I can feel the tractor sort of "switch gears". (did that make any sense?)

I would like more hydraulic flow. I am beginning to think that too much is never enough. Even if it was a electrically controlled auxiliary pump.

I would like my power steering pump to stop whining intermittently. I've changed filters & fluids, the dealer did the same, still whines intermittently, occasionally feels like an air bubble passes through it.

I would like a built in toolbox. Not the stupid little thingy in the fender where I put my gloves. I need a place for a chain, shovel, pins etc.

Hey JD, how about a clock? 40k tractor & I have to go buy a 1.49 stick on clock that looks like crap.

/ If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD? #3  
I know I really miss the Feel & Feedback that I used to have on my JD 4200. I do have to say I love the idea of Loadmatch. I really think it is great. But I have to be honest and tell you I would give that up said:
I had a JD hydro with mechical linkage (JD755) and I don't think you are getting feedback from the transmission just because of the mecahnical linkage. You are getting feedback from the spring attached to the linkage. The problem I have with the ehydro is motion match, that two position switch that controls how the transmission responds to changing pedal position. I miss the ability to have the transmission respond based on how slowly or rapidly I move the hydro pedals. I absolutely HATE the delay in the ehydro pedal response.

I wish I had independent mid and rear PTOs like I had on the 755. On the 755 I could select the rear, mid or both. On the 4310 the rear pto must turn when the mid pto is selected. I think it is a bad design that there are 2 pull type switches (one for each PTO) and that when using the mid PTO the switches must be operated in the correct sequence to avoid damage. Poor design.

Jeff

/ If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD? #4  
I would love to see a slow foward? reverse jog button for the E hydro that I could use while trenching with my backhoe. Instead of jumping off and then back on . I think the TLB 110 has this feature. To creep while the sitting on the hoe seat.

Also a way to run My PTO generator on my 2210 with out having to put a 5 gallon bucket on the seat to keep it running.

Just my thoughts!

Jim

/ If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD? #5  
Mine's a 3320 cab model and I love it, but as said, 300cx self leveler, more room behind the seat, a real toolbox (I'm sure someone will come up with a better idea), like the e-hydro, but oldtime me still misses the feel of the machine, really needs a seat momentary bypass switch near the pedals for outside hookup. Wore me out hooking up some of the 3pt. attachments because of an inch or two. No power beyond (high pressure carryover) option for the 3320 cab model, but avaliable for the non cab. Seems odd JD doesn't send a form to product buyers to improve their sales.

/ If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD?
755inNY said:
I had a JD hydro with mechical linkage (JD755) and I don't think you are getting feedback from the transmission just because of the mecahnical linkage. You are getting feedback from the spring attached to the linkage. The problem I have with the ehydro is motion match, that two position switch that controls how the transmission responds to changing pedal position. I miss the ability to have the transmission respond based on how slowly or rapidly I move the hydro pedals. I absolutely HATE the delay in the ehydro pedal response.

I definatly had hydraulic feedback on my hydro pedals that I had on both my 4200, and on my older 855 tractor.... Yeah sure I was feeling some of the springs in the pedal, but I was also feeling the give and take of the hydraulic preasure.

Also I thought of something else I would like to have offered to me, A John Deere 73" Heavy Duty High Volume Bucket. Not the cheaper one, but a heavier one.... I could use that all the time.

Also, I put hooks on my bucket.... but why did I have to do it? It should come this way shouldn't it.

One thing else that I love about the cab tractors is the Fuel Fill Cap is on the Left Side Fender.... If I had an Open Station Tractor, I would still want this, That would be great... you know it could be done..

give me some time I'll think of some more things...

/ If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD? #7  
To creep while the sitting on the hoe seat.

Yes, the 110 TLB does have this feature. It should be incorporated into more models. It will move the tractor up to about 1/2 of full speed in any given range. Fortunately, I can also reach the range lever from the backhoe seat.:)
The only inconvenient thing is loading the dump truck with the FEL while still sitting in the backhoe position. The rops cuts into my FOV as the bucket goes over the side of the truck.

/ If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD? #8  
Suspension seats available on the smaller CUT for us people who are getting older and don't want to feel beat up after a day of play.

A backhoe with having a cab and A/C would be nice to on the 3X20 and 4X20 tractors.

Jim

/ If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD? #9  
RRacing said:
I would love to see a slow foward? reverse jog button for the E hydro that I could use while trenching with my backhoe. Instead of jumping off and then back on . I think the TLB 110 has this feature. To creep while the sitting on the hoe seat.

Also a way to run My PTO generator on my 2210 with out having to put a 5 gallon bucket on the seat to keep it running.

Just my thoughts!

Jim
RRRacing:

I have a Chipper for my 2305. All you have to do is get an electrical stable (Or even a large paper clip, quick disconnect the safety on the bottom of the seat and jump the connecter (It's normally closed when your sitting on the seat). It works fine. I have a switch waiting for me to put a seat safety override on the dash or under the seat but I don't use the chipper enough to motivate me to put the switch on.

/ If You Could Change/Want/Miss Anything On Your New JD? #10  
orlo said:
RRRacing:

I have a Chipper for my 2305. All you have to do is get an electrical stable (Or even a large paper clip, quick disconnect the safety on the bottom of the seat and jump the connecter (It's normally closed when your sitting on the seat). It works fine. I have a switch waiting for me to put a seat safety override on the dash or under the seat but I don't use the chipper enough to motivate me to put the switch on.

On the plus side they seem to have fixed that for the 2520, when in neutral you can use the rear PTO without being in the seat. I'm guessing there are more and more intrusive safety features the smaller the tractor is, I can only imagine what an inexperienced homeowner like me can do with an auto creep function as described above. FEL vs. house wall, I wonder who'll win...