TC30 purchasing in a week I have some questions

/ TC30 purchasing in a week I have some questions #1  

1Tractor_Man_

I am in the process of purchasing a New Holland TC 30 in the next week.
I am looking for some feedback on the following:

A)Does the TC 30 come from the factory with a block heater and if not should I get one installed?

B)I need back up lights to plow snow etc. after dark. What you do suggest for lights and where should they be installed on the tractor?

C)I do not find the front lights to be very bright after dark. Can you replace those lights with stronger wattage ones or would one have to attach another light or set up front?

D)Have anyone had the roll bar modified, much as the Kuboda has on their models, so that it can be dropped down if need be. My New Holland dealer says that they can do it for around $200.00 Canadian.

E)I noticed that the TC30 does not come with a tool box attached to the tractor. Does anyone have one on their’s and if so where have you attached it to?

F)My dealer also suggested if I use this tractor in the woods that I would be better off to have a metal skid plate made for underneath the tractor in case I hit rocks etc. He said that it would cost around $1,000 dollars to do this in Canadian funds. Have anyone done this, what is your comments?

/ TC30 purchasing in a week I have some questions #3  
The block heater is optional, it doesn't come from the factory with one. On mine, the glow plugs have always worked just fine for cold starting. Try it without it first.

For the rear work light, there is an optional kit from New Holland or you could buy a generic one from the dealer or a parts supplier. Get one with the switch built in. The wire is already there on the right rear fender.

Rodger

/ TC30 purchasing in a week I have some questions #4  
I bought my back up light from N/H had the built in switch and a very good price and mounted mine in the middle of the roll bar and as stated earlier the conection is under the fender I also put head lights on the roll bar because with a FEL the normal lights my not show well enough. No need for a block heater here in Texas, tool box idea is very good.
Have fun.

/ TC30 purchasing in a week I have some questions #5  
I purchased a TC 30 in 2004. Just turned 200 hours today. I had the dealer as part of the deal Load the rear tires, Install a block heater and throw in a cutting edge for the FEL. I had to install extra lighting on the ROPS, 2 for the front and 2 for the rear because the lighting is poor at best. Other than that I really love it and would do it again. I also did purchase a toolbox but have not installed it yet because it will not fit when the backhoe is on and i admit being two lazy to build some mounts to correct the issue. Good luck with your purchase and do post some pics.

Chris

/ TC30 purchasing in a week I have some questions #6  
I'm surprised that the dealer said he would modify the ROPS. There's a liability issue when it's modified and an accident should happen. If you're getting the HST and are going to be mowing a large area I would get the optional cruise control. I got the block heater and it's an option. I've read that some of the wires underneath the tractor can snag when in the woods so I would get or make some kind of skid plate. I don't use the tractor at night so I cant help you with that. Some people use ammo cans for tool boxes and mount them in different locations, that's what I'm going to do.

/ TC30 purchasing in a week I have some questions #7  
1Tractor_Man_ said:
IA)Does the TC 30 come from the factory with a block heater and if not should I get one installed?

Where in Canada do you live ? BC? Then no. Somewhere cold, then yes.
Bob

/ TC30 purchasing in a week I have some questions #8  
1Tractor_Man_ said:
Have anyone had the roll bar modified, much as the Kubota has on their models, so that it can be dropped down if need be. My New Holland dealer says that they can do it for around $200.00 Canadian.

This one is easy.
1) Assume Canada has the same liability laws as the USA.

2) Get this mod in writing, some detail with pics. Notary would be nice.

3) Put this info in a safe deposit box.

4) Get a million dollar term life insurance policy.

5) Tell you spouse you love them.

6) Tell your spouse that if the tractors rolls and you get killed to go to the safety deposit box and become an instant millionaire. The term policy would take care of them until the lawyers settle the case and the real money arrives.

7) Make sure you get a very nice headstone, you earned it. :D

/ TC30 purchasing in a week I have some questions #9  
[QUOTE=

D)Have anyone had the roll bar modified, much as the Kuboda has on their models, so that it can be dropped down if need be. My New Holland dealer says that they can do it for around $200.00 Canadian.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would think the dealer is not going to mod the ROPS; I think he is just going to R&R it with a folding ROPS from inventory or swap from another unit and the 200.00 ir just the price difference plus a little labor. Seems to me it would be more trouble and expense to mod it than to just change it out. But who knows?????