Rake Does this rake exist?

/ Does this rake exist? #1  

rickmacheske

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400 HST
I'm looking for something like a york rake but with the tines set so that they penetrate the soil and not hold so much dirt (imagine the 1 1/2 inches parallel to the travel rather than perpendicular). The biggest problem that I have with the standard york rake is that I end up moving a lot of dirt instead of raking out the debris. Does anything like this exist?

/ Does this rake exist? #2  
Check out "estate rake" bcs

/ Does this rake exist? #3  
Have you tried playing around with the top link length? That can change the angle the tines make with the ground and seems to me to affect how much material is dragged.

/ Does this rake exist? #5  
I second the advise for removing every other tine. This is how I use my rake most of the time. One note however, Leave 3 tines in normal spacing on each end. The outer tine tends to get picked on by the rocks, edges, etc. Having that one extra tine in there also makes the edges cut better if you are running the rake angled with the guage wheels set to just windrow debris. (1-1/2 in higher on the trailing edge)

/ Does this rake exist?
I checked out the estate rake. That really doesn't do what I'm looking for. It needs to penetrate newly tilled soil to remove the huge number of 1 1/2" to 10" rocks. I thought about removing every other tine on my york rake but that would leave the 2" rocks behind. Someone has had to come up with the rake that I'm looking for. I've used a harley rake but they're really expensive to rent and not worth it for small areas (1/2 arcre at a time). I was thinking that if someone just had a tractor rake that that looks more like a tractor size hand rake I could pick out the rocks really easily and it should be rather cheap, hence my original request.

/ Does this rake exist? #7  
Build your own. I have a design in mind using some used railroad ties that I have. A 6' rake with 2 rows of railroad ties alternatly spaced a couple of inches apart. Mount them with clips on either side of a 2" or 2.5" length of square tubing. It would most likely do exactly what you want.

/ Does this rake exist?
I think that's what I'm going to have to do...build my own.

/ Does this rake exist? #9  
I've said this before, with my stone forks on front and my york rake on back, I'm a landscaping fool. I use the rake to gather material up, then shake it out with the forks, then use either to spread out the pile of dirt out.

/ Does this rake exist?
Here is what I'm thinking....

Attachments

• Tractor Rake.jpg
    Tractor Rake.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 290