PTO driven vacuum

/ PTO driven vacuum #1  

BandDcabinet

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M59, B3030, B7100
I'm looking for a pto driven vacuum similar to the unit shown at the following link:

VOTEX

I have looked at the Trac-Vac. I saw the Votex unit while on a trip to Italy. Can't find a dealer in the US.

/ PTO driven vacuum #2  
The link you supplied looks similar to a tailgate-mounted leaf loader for a truck. Is there some reason you are looking for that type of a setup vs. a TracVac with a trailer ?

What are you going to vacuum the leaves/grass/whatever into ?

/ PTO driven vacuum
I have a 4'x7' hydraulic dump trailer that I made what I guess you could call a covered wagon top. I want to use the unit basically as a loader as you suggest for leaves etc. The unit from the uk was more compact and looked more rugged than the trac-vac pto vacuum.

/ PTO driven vacuum #4  
I've been spending abit of time on Ebay looking for a 3PH debris blower - something I could use on the Kubota to round up the leaves before sucking them up with the TracVac towed by the Simplicity (there are some areas in our yard that manuevering the Simplicity and the TracVac probably won't be real easy.)

Anyways in that search I've seen a number of used tailgate truck loaders for sale - if I recall correctly I've seen a few that looked pretty nice for less than $1K. You might consider picking one up and modifying to ride on the 3PH. It will be small engine driven .... although I suppose you could make it PTO-driven if you desired.

/ PTO driven vacuum #5  
I would also be interested in a PTO driven vacuum if they were less expensive than a vacuum with it's own motor. It just seems like a person could save a little money since we have the tractor anyway. :)

/ PTO driven vacuum #6  
My guess is that the PTO version may be just as expensive, if not more expensive, as an engine driven unit. I believe the PTO TracVac's are almost as expensive and the PTO-driven debris blowers I've been looking at are fairly pricey compared to the walk-behind engine driven units (which do tend to be a bit smaller)