Woods BB48 Blade Nuts...

/ Woods BB48 Blade Nuts... #1  

Elim

Tractor
Kubota-L3010
Hello everyone,

It never fails that I do not have the size I need to remove the blades off of my cutter. Can someone please tell me what the size of the nuts are to get the blades off of a Brush Bull 48? I searched for other posts, and someone mentioned a 1-11/16, but I think that was for a different brand. I see in the manual it is talking like they are metric, but the largest I have is a 30mm, and it is larger than that. Rather then take the 15 trips like it normally does I figured I would ask, because one of you guys/gals are bound to know.

Thanks in advance!

/ Woods BB48 Blade Nuts... #2  
My TSC KK copy is 1 11/16. Easiest thing to do is email Woods service or support. You'll have the answer is an hour or less I'm sure.

/ Woods BB48 Blade Nuts...
I ended up calling Woods. I spoke with someone who was real nice, and knowledgeable in the support department. He told me they were 1-5/8. I went and picked one up. I will let everyone know if they were as right, as they were courteous. ;)

Thanks!

Well... I take back the "knowledgeable" part of my previous statement.

RobJ you know more than Woods support. The 1-5/8 that I was told to get is to small. I will return it for a 1-11/16 tomorrow, and let you know how it goes. Thanks! I should have listened to you.

/ Woods BB48 Blade Nuts... #6  
maybe its just me but wouldnt it be easier to just measure the nut rather than calling all around to find out, and buying sockets that arnt right, 2 minutes with a caliper or even tape measure would save alot of time and money i think

/ Woods BB48 Blade Nuts... #7  
Elim said:
Well... I take back the "knowledgeable" part of my previous statement.

RobJ you know more than Woods support. The 1-5/8 that I was told to get is to small. I will return it for a 1-11/16 tomorrow, and let you know how it goes. Thanks! I should have listened to you.

Ya win some and loose some. I had a feeling they were the same but who knows. I measured mine while at the weekend place, then wanted to doublecheck(1 11/16...did I read that right :) ). Emailed KK folks and they confirmed. Hated to make a special run AGAIN if it was wrong!! Of course the stupid thing is why the off size? Standard socket sets don't have a 1 11/16 when i checked. I guess like you said it might be a metric thing.

Glad you are fixed up.

Thanks for all the help RobJ. I hope I can return the hand someday.

Yes markct I guess a measurement with a caliper would have been ideal, but I do not have one. :eek: Reaching up over the blades, or down through the access hole to try get an accurate measurement with a measuring tape would be quite difficult.

As I thought someone here would just know the correct answer off the top of their heads, and making a call to Woods' toll free number is not that difficult. They *should* have given me the correct size on the first go round, but if I only have to make two trips I will be happy. :)

Thanks again!

/ Woods BB48 Blade Nuts... #9  
Elim,

Do you really have a Woods Brush Bull 48? I thought that all of the BrushBull line had small bolts holding a tab that contains the pivot pin for the blades. I'm not familiar with the 48, and want to get the facts straight!

jb

Hey john_bud,

Yes I am positive. Here is a picture of the outside, and a shot through the access hole to the nut holding the blade on.

side.jpg

nut.jpg

The 1-11/16 does fit the nut just fine.

Thanks again for the correct answer RobJ!

Elim