On last problem noticed

/ On last problem noticed #1  

Anonymous Poster

Sorry to keep posting and bugging you all but I also noticed one other strange thing on my recently purchased B7100. The front end. (4wd model) moves back and forth approx... 3/8 to 1/2 inch on the bolt(pin) that it pivots on in the center of the differential. Example: When the tractor is sitting still in the garage and I move the steering wheel left or right, The front end (wheels), acually move either toward the rear tires or away from them, depending on which way I turn the steering wheel. The same thing will happen if lets say I run over a rock or something similar. Is it normal for these things to move forward and backward a bit on the pivot bolt(pin). Thanks again to all. Brian

/ On last problem noticed #2  
Sounds like you have a little wear problem. Can you jack up the front end and tell whether the pin or bolt is worn or whether the holes it's through are worn, or whether it's just loose and needs tightening? Whichever it is, I'd say it's not normal.

Bird

/ On last problem noticed #3  
Brian - not sure the 7100 is the same as my 1700, but I bet it is. Mine has ZERO front to back looseness, and I bet yours should be the same. May be as simple as tightening that bolt on the front pivot, but I am guessing. Hopefully nothing like a bushing or the pivot pin has worn to the point where you need to replace it. I would either get a service manual, talk to somebody who knows for sure, or take it to the dealer ASAP.

/ On last problem noticed #4  
Uh, Bird, looks like great minds think alike.

/ On last problem noticed
BUMMER!! Now I own a Oil leaking worn out Kubota. Anyone know of any good used Dynamarks or Gravelys for sale or trade? Thanks again guys..

/ On last problem noticed #6  
I think you'll be better off just getting the Kubota fixed up, Brian.

Bird