choke rod farmall H

/ choke rod farmall H #1  

roxynoodle

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar 1510d, 1950 Farmall H
Can anybody post me pics of how the choke rod should go on the Farmall H? I bought one on ebay for the tractor but need a couple of good pictures to help me put it on right. I can't find anything on the internet.

/ choke rod farmall H
Actually, never mind! The local Case/IH dealer had an H on their lot, and I went and looked at it. Both the brackets are on my tractor, so I should be able to hook it up.

/ choke rod farmall H #3  
roxynoodle said:
Can anybody post me pics of how the choke rod should go on the Farmall H?

I have seen manuals for various Farmalls on Ebay, both reprint and original. I have both for my Farmall-A. You can get a lot of the documents from ytmag.com too

/ choke rod farmall H
I bought both an owner's manual and serviceman's manual and there were no good pictures in there to see where it came out on the operators platform. It always helps if you were the one who took a part off when it comes time to put it back. But, in my case, I bought a tractor without one and then got a rod off ebay and said hmm, this is interesting! So then I looked at H's all over the internet, but couldn't find a picture good enough to help me. Thankfully that other H was close by.

/ choke rod farmall H #5  
Digital cameras come in really handy! Used them a time or two for taking pics of where things went before 'destruction'.

/ choke rod farmall H
Yep! I took mine over to the IH dealer to take pictures of the choke rod on their H. Very helpful gadgets, aren't they? Probably a great tool anytime you are making a tractor repair.

/ choke rod farmall H
I did successfully get the choke rod on my tractor and am very happy to have it. That middle bracket was kind of a pain to get off and back on again, but all in all it worked out easier and better than I expected. As for the steering wheel, everyone who told me it was hard to get off was right. That actually took longer to do. But, now I have a nice new steering wheel with no nasty black stuff and it's even round. Round, you ask? Aren't they all round? Well, my old one wasn't exactly, lol! I think it will make an interesting wall decoration though.

/ choke rod farmall H #8  
Great work Roxy! I'm sure that ole H loves having you as it's new owner. Probably feels 20 years younger with all of the attention you're givin' it. Keep up the good work!

/ choke rod farmall H
It's also getting a new gas cap because the gasket is all ruined in the old one and a gear shift knob. Little things for now. I suppose I should change all the fluids and filters too. Without an hour meter it is going to be hard to tell when I should be doing maintenence.

/ choke rod farmall H #10  
Roxy, you can get a free gas cap from Farmall. I ordered one for a Farmall C that I have and it came within 2 weeks and it's free. The origional gas cap would splash fuel onto the outside of the tank causing a fire hazzard, so they decided to give any qualified Farmall owner a free gas cap.

International Harvester & Farmall Gasoline Fueled Tractor Gas Cap Recall
Use the link and submit your model and serial number and a new gas cap will be on the way. Later, Nat