CK30 Hood wont pop open

/ CK30 Hood wont pop open #1  

djdowd

Tractor
Kioti CK30HST, BX2230
I was bush hogging today and wanted to clean debris from the radiator.
I pulled down on the hood latch - nothing happened.
Pulled harder - still nothing.
Don't want to break the latch by pulling too hard.
Sooo, how do I get it to pop open?

/ CK30 Hood wont pop open #2  
My CK30's hood has alwys been like that. I have to pull down on the knob and while holding it down, then give the front of the hood a bump down with my hand. Mine then pops open. If that doesn't work maybe something caught the cable while brush hogging.

/ CK30 Hood wont pop open #3  
My CK30 hood did the same as VictorW discribes, what I did was to put a couple 1/8" fender shims under the hood latch and now it pops right open when I pull the hood latch knob.

/ CK30 Hood wont pop open #4  
Mine has gotten tougher over the hundreds of hours. The actual sleeve of the cable crushes like a pop can so that the cable effectively gets longer. Once I noticed this happening I took to lubing the latch mechanism and the crush has halted.

Push down on the hood to unload the latch and you shouldn't have to pull as hard. If that fails, then you may have to use the shotgun.

/ CK30 Hood wont pop open #6  
Yea, mine too. Last time I got so annoyed, that I just closed the hood without latching it - it only bobbles a little :p

David

/ CK30 Hood wont pop open #7  
Mine is stuck also. have tried everything post so far and still wont open. I got 175 hrs on it now, so will try to hold out till the next service. I tried shooting WD40, but not sure where to spray it beside on the knob area after pulling down. I have a feeling it's going to take two people to get it open on mine.

joe

/ CK30 Hood wont pop open #8  
Same here, push down on the front of the hood while pulling the latch. with lube and time, it has gotten easier to open.

RD

/ CK30 Hood wont pop open #10  
...............and if you have bumped the hood along the way it will be even more difficult. The hood is quite flexible so don't be afraid to use some hood movement