CHEAP TRACTOR STORAGE PROJECTS

/ CHEAP TRACTOR STORAGE PROJECTS #1  

WALT

Gold Member
Tractor
KUBOTA BX2200, L-39 TLB & RTV X1100C
While its still in the 50's in CT. w/ no frost in the ground, I have finished the outside tractor work until spring. Here are a few indoor tractor add-on projects that you may find helpful. These are mounted on my Kubota L-39, but will fit on any machine, adjusting as needed. All use s/s hose clamps to fasten around the FOPS or loader frame.

Attached are some photos of storage ideas using 4" & 6" plastic perforated drain pipe w/ end cap. I fastened the end caps w/ polyurethane glue. I spray painted the plastic pipe with gray paint I had on hand.

Project #1 is a holder for a a can of jet wasp spray, handy when brush cutting, mowing and excavating. It is mounted on the right FOPS upright, to the right of the steering wheel. By changing the pipe length, you can carry the bottle or can of your choice

Project #2 is a "chain box" that holds 25' of 3/8" chain.

Project #3 is a fire extinguisher holder, using a rubber cylinder holder strap, from A.W. Direct.

The 4" pipe/end caps were bought at Home Depot.
The 6" plastic pipe & end caps are available at large lumber yards/plumbing supply co.'s

Happy Tractoring:

WALT

Attachments

• 100_1099.JPG
    100_1099.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,853
  • 100_1101.JPG
    100_1101.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,687
  • 100_1102.JPG
    100_1102.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 1,462
  • 100_1103.JPG
    100_1103.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,484
   / CHEAP TRACTOR STORAGE PROJECTS #2  
Thanks for taking the time to post these really great, cheap projects. I will make these as a gift to myself. Merry Christmas.

/ CHEAP TRACTOR STORAGE PROJECTS #3  
Walt - Do you have unglued endcaps for use as lids on these tubes, or did you drill holes in the bottoms (for draining rainwater)?

/ CHEAP TRACTOR STORAGE PROJECTS
Champy:

I drilled 1/4" drain holes in the bottom of the caps. I didn't make lids for the tubes, due to the stuff that I store in these doesn't care about getting wet.
If you use a cap as a lid, fiqure in the cap lip space needed when mounting the tube.

WALT

/ CHEAP TRACTOR STORAGE PROJECTS #6  
Walt,
Those are great little projects that are not expensive to do, but meaningful nevertheless. All very useful additions.
They will surely add to ease and aid your tractoring work.
Thank you for sharing.

/ CHEAP TRACTOR STORAGE PROJECTS #7  
I did something similar on my service truck when I worked for the equipment co. I would cut 2" pvc an cap one end (glued) then put those plastic wire ties in them. I would used different lengths pvc for the different length ties then just push a cap on the end for easy removal. Easy way to store a needed item in an orderly manner.

/ CHEAP TRACTOR STORAGE PROJECTS #8  
Great idea. I've been trying to figure out a way to carry my chains.

I've seen contractors use these on their sides to carry copper pipe on top of their trucks and vans.

/ CHEAP TRACTOR STORAGE PROJECTS #9  
Very ingenious ideas and practical, thanks for sharing.

/ CHEAP TRACTOR STORAGE PROJECTS #10  
Nicely done Walt. I cannot tell you how many times I've needed a Chain carrier and ended up with the chains and strapps zig-zagged and wrapped around my 3 pt arms so I didn't have to have them by my feet.

After I finish fixing my "snow plow proof mailbox and post"---- your idea will be my next project.