Backhoe Woods BH6500 Backhoe on Kubota B7500

/ Woods BH6500 Backhoe on Kubota B7500 #1  

rtrent

Tractor
Kubota B7500
I've read a number of threads on this subject, but most looked to be a few years old so I'm hoping to get more current opinions. I'm looking to purchase the Woods BH6500(looking for a used one) using the 4 point sub-frame (new if I can't find one used). I have the LA272 FEL. My questions are: 1.) Will the 60" MMM work with this 4 point sub frame in place?? 2.) Should I use the tractor hydraulics or the PTO pump?? Thanks for any info!!

/ Woods BH6500 Backhoe on Kubota B7500 #2  
rtrent,do you mean the woods groundbreaker 6500?

digger2

/ Woods BH6500 Backhoe on Kubota B7500 #3  
I have a Woods 6500 Groundbreaker with a sub frame on my 7500 in which I use the tractors hydro's with no problem. Don't know about a MMM as I have a Befco RMM, but I BELEIVE the frame will be in the way of the mower. I had this set up for 3yrs no with no problems.
Ray

/ Woods BH6500 Backhoe on Kubota B7500 #4  
I have a B7300 with a Woods 6500 Groundbreaker and subframe. The subframe is almost entirely part of the backhoe unit. With the hoe / subframe off, there is only a small bracket mounted near the front of the tractor. I don't know if it will interfere with a mid mounted mower. With the backhoe and subframe on, there is no way you will be able to attach anything else under the tractor.

As far as using the tractor's hydraulics vs a PTO pump, if you have a choice I'd suggest the PTO pump. On my 7300 I don't have the hydraulic pressure you do, but even with your better pressure the PTO pump will deliver better performance I think.

It is a great backhoe and I really enjoy having it around. I'm sure I could live without it, but it really makes life easier.

/ Woods BH6500 Backhoe on Kubota B7500
Thanks Garbageman for feedback on the PTO vs. Tractor hydraulics!!! I'm in Montgomery, NY!!! The 4 point sub-frame is different from the original sub-frame for the 6500. It fits the BH6500, BH7500, BH70X and BH80X backhoes. This link is for the manual and shows a picture. http://www.woodsequipment.com/Manuals/manuals/SubFrames/MAN0537.pdf . The new 4 point sub-frame remains with the tractor all the time. Another part of the frame stays with the backhoe and is what links to the frame that stays on the machine. The older sub-frame had two long rails that ran under the machine to a front mount I think at the loader frame. Those rails would be in the way of a MMM. I was wondering if anyone had a newer 4 point sub-frame on the Kubota B7500 and knew if the MMM would still work with the frame in place. Since the same sub-frame is used on the BH7500, BH70X and BH80X, if anyone has one of those machines with this sub-frame on a Kubota B7500 with a MMM, they could probably answer my question also.