Backhoe Question about 3PH backhoe attachments

/ Question about 3PH backhoe attachments #1  

jmc

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST
Hello All,

Since compact 3PH's have no active mechanism to prevent them from lifting, what happens when you push down on the ground with a 3PH mounted backhoe? (Or extend the stabilizers for that matter) Does the whole attachment lift or does the BH have a linkage of some sort to prevent that?

Thanks,

John

/ Question about 3PH backhoe attachments
shvl73 said:
I believe the additional braces on most 3pth backhoes prevent it from lifting.

Great link that answered my question. Thankyou.

John

/ Question about 3PH backhoe attachments #4  
Something to think about is the additional pressure a 3pth hoe puts on the toplink bracket and the stress on the tractor midsection (bellhousing usually).
A subframe will help prevent damage, although stout bracing for the FEL to rear axle will help, as will not oversizing the hoe for the tractor.

/ Question about 3PH backhoe attachments #5  
As Slv says the pressure on the top link can be great and cause trouble.
I have a Woods 750 its almost or is 20 years old. I don't have sub frame, but never had a problem until last year, when I got lazy and didn't put in the pin on the vertical brace. On the woods this brace. transfers some of the pressure to the lower pins that i in turn go to the stabilizers.
In my case. I was putting all the pull on there top bracket, and luckily it tor it off the tractor housing.
A 75 dollar replacement.
So i was lucky. With this brace in place, it secures it and makes it less stressful. but you still need to go easy with it. and its a gamble that you dint tear the casting.
Its all relative.In my case I just overextended my boundry with it. (pushed it too hard).
Oh BTW SLV nice pic is that the new hoe? hows it working?
Allan

/ Question about 3PH backhoe attachments #6  
Allan,
I really like the new hoe. I've played with it quite a bit and am very satisfied. It seems to have plenty of power and fit and finish is as good as anything I've seen. Let me know if you want to play with it!
Torin