New Tractor Owner-Temp Gauge Question

/ New Tractor Owner-Temp Gauge Question #1  

TX66

Tractor
Yanmar 1510D
Greetings, I just bought a YM1510D. Great tractor. Also bought a 4' mower and 4' box blade.

I have already added a new temp gauge to the dash. The gauge will not move off the 100deg peg even after running for 20 minutes. It has been cool here(low 40's), but shouldn't it be running hotter than 100? I tested the gauge and in boiling water it reads 212ish. What temp does your tractor operate at when warmed up?

Thanks for the help.

/ New Tractor Owner-Temp Gauge Question #2  
Re-check your work. the gauge is not working. It should move off the peg in a couple of minutes and get to 160-180.

/ New Tractor Owner-Temp Gauge Question
Where did you put the temp sender? I removed the factory sender and replaced it with the one than came with the gauge.

/ New Tractor Owner-Temp Gauge Question #4  
"Where did you put the temp sender? "

I'm not sure what that means. I have never installed one, but their is no option of places to put it.

/ New Tractor Owner-Temp Gauge Question #5  
TX66 said:
Where did you put the temp sender? I removed the factory sender and replaced it with the one than came with the gauge.

I would think your engine coolant would get hotter than 100 deg. I don't have a gauge .I kept the light set up on my tractor.

/ New Tractor Owner-Temp Gauge Question #6  
TX66 said:
shouldn't it be running hotter than 100?
Shut down the tractor and feel the head with your hand. If it's really 100 degrees put some cardboard in front of the radiator.

/ New Tractor Owner-Temp Gauge Question
There are at least three places to put the gauge temp sender that I know of:

One is to remove the stock sender and replace it with the sender from the new gauge. (This is what I did)

Another is to remove the plug in the top of the water pump that requires an allen wrench to remove. (This is where I wanted to put the sender but I could not remove the plug)

You could also cut one of the radiator hoses and put a tee fitting in with the sender.