LandPride Finish Mower

/ LandPride Finish Mower #1  

Stoner

Bronze Member
Still looking at finish mowers. Had the local LandPride dealership call me today and suggested the LandPride FDR1660 (5 foot) finish mower or the FDR 1672 (6 foot) finish mower. He priced the 5-foot LandPride at $1,600 and the 6-foot LandPride at $1,950. Is anyone familiar with the quality and the cut of the LandPride finish mowers? Also, how do the prices appear? I will be mowing about 4.5 acres and will be using a New Holland TC30 tractor with the mower.

/ LandPride Finish Mower #2  
LOOK NO FARTHER.

I was priced (locally) a couple weeks ago for a Land Pride FDR1660 (5ft) @ $1575.00 plus tax. That was the only dealer that was that cheap. I called about 12-15 different dealers between here (LA) and Mississippi. Nobody else could come that close to that price. So, I think you are getting an Excellent price for that model. If I were you, I would go with it and wouldn't look back. You could probably easily run the 6 ft. but at that price I know what I would do. And hey, who says you can't try to negotiate on the $1600 anyway? I would at least try. But if the dealer says no, it would still be worth what he's asking.

As for the price on the FDR1672, I think thats definitely high. My buddy bought one a few years ago and absolutely loves his. He uses it for himself and commercially. All he had to do in the time he's had it was replace the belt 1 time. And believe me, he cuts A LOT of grass with it. The mower has paid for itself several times already and is still in very good shape. He does keep it clean and greases it regularly though.

I hope I've helped and again, GET THAT FDR1660! ITS A VERY GOOD PRICE AND YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

Travis R

/ LandPride Finish Mower #3  
I purchased a Landpride FDR 1672 on 2/13/07 for $1495 tax and all in west AL. FDR 1660 was same price. I couldn't find a better deal anywhere.

/ LandPride Finish Mower #4  
CDsdad said:
I couldn't find a better deal anywhere.

And I don't imagine anyone else will either! Thats a steal! You got lucky on that my friend. I wonder if they are still that price?

Travis R

/ LandPride Finish Mower #5  
Travis_R said:
I wonder if they are still that price?

The salesman who quoted me the price in January told me the price was good until 3/1. I called the Friday before I went over there and verified with him again, he said come and get it. He wasn't there when I went in and I told the other salesman what I had been quoted. He gave me a look, but didn't argue. The guy who quoted the price and was not there has his last name on the sign out front.

I picked up the FDR 1672 and a Fred Cain brand subsoiler/potato plow combo for $1700. I thought it was a good deal. Subsoiler is not the heaviest duty I've seen, but I don't have any really tough work lined up for it. Next best price I had for the RFM was $1660.

/ LandPride Finish Mower #6  
I have the Landpride 72" rear discharge. I have been very pleased with it. Cost 2 years ago was about $1900 +/-