And So It Begins

/ And So It Begins #1  

davemhughes

Silver Member
Tractor
SAME 40hp turbo charged 4cyl diesel w/fel
new 24in metal culvert put in. Then the D7R and road grader go to work. The D7 is a beast. Chewed up the ground and trees fairly quickly. Roughed in the 1900ft of road and a low water crossing area. Then the grader quickly did its thing and set the grade. Power company coming in next week and the poles go in. I still have a lot to do with my tractor and blade work to clean it up but a huge hurtle is over.

Attachments

• Rural 034.jpg
    Rural 034.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 799
  • Rural 035.jpg
    Rural 035.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 587
  • Rural 037.jpg
    Rural 037.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 491
  • Rural 038.jpg
    Rural 038.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 440
  • Rural 040.jpg
    Rural 040.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 430
  • Rural 042.jpg
    Rural 042.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 406
  • Rural 046.jpg
    Rural 046.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 408
  • Rural 048.jpg
    Rural 048.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 384
  • Rural 051.jpg
    Rural 051.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 372
  • Rural 054.jpg
    Rural 054.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 398
  • Rural 052.jpg
    Rural 052.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 399
  • Rural 050.jpg
    Rural 050.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 442
  • Rural 053.jpg
    Rural 053.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 656
   / And So It Begins #3  
Dave,

Nice job. I remember your earlier post about this, and I'm happy to see the results. Now that it's done and you've seen the equipment at work, would you change anything?

Thanks for the pictures and update,
Eddie

/ And So It Begins
EddieWalker said:
Dave,

Nice job. I remember your earlier post about this, and I'm happy to see the results. Now that it's done and you've seen the equipment at work, would you change anything?

Thanks for the pictures and update,
Eddie
Yes, I would have wrote the check sooner:D

Once again thanks to all who broke it down to caveman logic for me. Instead of $1800 it was only $1300. Good guys, I took them to lunch and laughed and joked plus had a couple of beers (2). I also give them a $100 tip (they were on time and did a good job quickly) The only wrinkle in the whole deal was the D7 operator ran over a Corp of Engineer boundary marker and pushed over a couple of their trees......:eek: I am hoping to somehow fix the problem next week.

/ And So It Begins #5  
Dang,you sure don't fool around when it comes to getting the job done Dave...very nice view...thanks for sharing the pics.

/ And So It Begins #6  
They did a really nice job, Dave. Are you going to follow up soon with crushed rock? It might get a little soggy this spring.

/ And So It Begins #7  
Lookin good, thanks for the picture update. It's amazing how quickly the proper equipment with a experienced driver can get work done isn't it.

/ And So It Begins
2 inch limestone will start coming in next week. Going to do a couple of 25ton loads Bi-weekly till done. figuring 350T of just 2 inch stuff that I will spread myself. Then after the big heavy trucks beat the road bed down during the house construction phase I will have 150T of road gravel with fines to it.

Got lots to do next week with cleaning up of the rough left overs of the road construction and putting in my 18in tube in my low water area.

Plus putting wheat seed in the rough dirt areas not being covered with rock.....and on and on........

/ And So It Begins #9  
davemhughes said:
2 inch limestone will start coming in next week. Going to do a couple of 25ton loads Bi-weekly till done. figuring 350T of just 2 inch stuff that I will spread myself. Then after the big heavy trucks beat the road bed down during the house construction phase I will have 150T of road gravel with fines to it.

Got lots to do next week with cleaning up of the rough left overs of the road construction and putting in my 18in tube in my low water area.

Plus putting wheat seed in the rough dirt areas not being covered with rock.....and on and on........
If you think you need an 18", then put in a 36". Take it from experience.

/ And So It Begins
weldingisfun said:
If you think you need an 18", then put in a 36". Take it from experience.
Sound advice there is no doubt, but i already have an 18inch x 20ft tube left over from making temp access to the property......so once again....working with what i got. The $100 here and $300 there stuff is putting a hurt on me as I guard my rock and well drilling money. Not to mention a serious Harley addiction that must be fed with expensive performance parts.:D

Last edited: