I think I might need pump CBN-E306L-X1

/ I think I might need pump CBN-E306L-X1 #1  

gsdavis1

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 855
My 3pt. has been acting up. It stopped working about a month ago and I cleaned the filter and replaced the fluid, then all was well. Now again it stopped working altogether. I am thinking my pump may be bad. I have a Goldoni with a Shunde (Jinma) motor. I am not really sure how to check to see if the pump is bad. When I look inside the 3 pt resivoir, I can see fluid flowing through. The pump I currently have is CBN-E306L-X1.

Thanks

Greg

/ I think I might need pump CBN-E306L-X1 #2  
Pull the suction screen again, you may have sludge in the bottom of the hydraulic sump

//greg//

/ I think I might need pump CBN-E306L-X1 #3  
Could be..you don't have any loose connection on lines do you,,might be sucking air? thingy

/ I think I might need pump CBN-E306L-X1 #4  
Does your steering work Ok ??

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply

/ I think I might need pump CBN-E306L-X1
Everything look super clean and tight. I do not have power steering. Does anyone know how to test a hyd. pump?

I do have this valve under my seat:

img_2109 pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

I have never discovered what it does. Whether it has been out or in, there isn't any change in operation of anything.

Greg

/ I think I might need pump CBN-E306L-X1 #6  
gsdavis1 said:
I do have this valve under my seat...I have never discovered what it does.
It's the hydraulic flow control valve, regulating the rate at which your three point hitch drops. If you have a light implement back there, you want to increase the flow so it doesn't take all day for the thing to lower. For heavy implements, you restrict the flow - so they don't drop like lead ballooons

But unless there's something wrong with the valve itself, it shouldn't affect whether or not the hitch goes UP. There is a hex head valve on the side of some housings though, it's a divertor to send hydraulic fluid to a rear remote. When that valve sends fluid to the remote, the hitch doesn't work. But if your tractor doesn't have a rear remote, don't waste your time looking for a valve that doesn't exist.

I also noticed two hydraulic levers in one of your photos. The outer one is the draft control lever, and should always be in the UP position when you're not using ground-engaging implements. The inside lever is your position control. Pull the draft lever all the way up, then see if the position control works

//greg//

/ I think I might need pump CBN-E306L-X1
No I don't have a rear remote. I will do more checking into the valve under the seat.

Greg

/ I think I might need pump CBN-E306L-X1 #8  
gsdavis1 said:
No I don't have a rear remote. I will do more checking into the valve under the seat.
Before you waste time taking anything apart, pull that draft control lever all the way up. THEN try the position control lever.

//greg//

/ I think I might need pump CBN-E306L-X1 #9  
gsdavis1 said:
Everything look super clean and tight. I do not have power steering. Does anyone know how to test a hyd. pump?

I do have this valve under my seat:

img_2109 pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

I have never discovered what it does. Whether it has been out or in, there isn't any change in operation of anything.

Greg

Greg G mentioned a second valve that is used as a diverter. On my Jinma, that single valve under the front of the seat also serves as the diverter. If it is closed down all the way, the hydraulic pressure goes to a rear quick dissconnect fitting and the 3PH will not move. The hyd fitting was to connect to a single acting cylinder on a dump trailer. with the valve closed, you would raise and lower the trailer with the 3PH control. With the valve opened anywhere from full closed to full open, the 3PH will rise at normal speed and the valve regulates the lowering speed of the 3PH from slow(nearly closed) to fast(wide open). Although yours does not appear to have a rear pressure port, I would make sure that valve is fully open(counter clockwise).

/ I think I might need pump CBN-E306L-X1 #10  
I'm sure there are ways to test hydro pumps,,,but,,,probably the only way that would be available to me would be take old one off and put a new one on,thingy