Country Clipper "The Boss"

/ Country Clipper "The Boss" #1  

davemhughes

Silver Member
Tractor
SAME 40hp turbo charged 4cyl diesel w/fel
Just bought a new 72 inch Country Clipper ZTR mower w/26hp kawasaki liquid cooled engine. Really really sweet mower. 12mph, joy stick control, 4 year warranty. I believe i got a good price of $8700 on it. Now i have a smaller CC ZTR mower but needed a larger one for a large com contract I just signed. This one should really do the trick.

/ Country Clipper "The Boss" #2  
Congratulations! :)

/ Country Clipper "The Boss" #3  
The joystick is so sweet!!! Others with "twin sticks" do not know what they are missing!!

I bought the 60" Charger model last year with a 23 HP Kohler Command engine. I debated between the 72" and 60", along with Charger or Boss model.

I could not real justify paying more for the Boss model when it is basically the Charger model with a better seat.

I like the ease of cleaning with absolutely no tools!!

I think they are about the best zero turn out there.

/ Country Clipper "The Boss"
Great to hear. The joy stick and the warranty was the one of the major reason for getting it. Not to mention 12mph mowing speed and fully articulating deck.
Shivvers Mfg. Inc. - Country Clipper

/ Country Clipper "The Boss" #5  
I think you will be very impressed with it.

The reasons I bought mine were, I like the "bigger" tires (front and rear) than most of the competition. 1 fuel tank low to the ground, floating deck, along with ease of cleaning deck. And of course the joy stick!!

Things I would change,,,,, cup holder, and do away with safety switch on seat. With the mower having a low seat height (I like) I catch myself trying to "lean" out of the seat to pick up a stick or stone while mowing.

My land is rough, so the bigger tires, articulating front axle come in handy. My seat has two springs underneath it, with what looks like spots for 2 more springs if needed. My mower has a 3rd spring that is not used for anything that I am going to add under the seat for a total of 3.

I have 70 hours on mine and would definitely buy another one!!

Already mowed a total of 10 acres or so with mine and it is fast....almost too fast. The way the deck flips up really is a pain because my deck is so heavy. A cup holder would be nice and for what these things cost you would think it would have one. The joy stick control is so much better then the twin stick control. I think they should come standard with a rops instead of an option, I plan on making one because $700 for the option is high. The big water cooled kawasaki just purrs at full power. Fuel consumption is better than I thought. It is a very solid machine.....the hydra seat is nice also. I hope my business continues to grow so I can afford another one. I will post up some pics soon.

An update: Had a big mowing job of 12 acres mostly rolling 8in high grass on a country estate. Called a buddy to help me and he brought out is Bad Boy 60in ZTR mower and we went after it. In the time it took us to mow it I had mowed almost 7 of acres to his 5. The Country Clipper rocks, his Bad Boy is a fine machine built rock solid but the CC just did it faster and with less fatigue using the joy stick compared to his twin stick controlled BB.

/ Country Clipper "The Boss" #8  
Well of course your 72" is going to cut faster than his 60". :D

Country Clipper "The Boss" is a Lo$$

Thought I would give you an update.......

Bought 2 of these mowers. 353 hours on the first one.....blown motor. I have to source a new engine for it or pay the dealer $3000 to put a new engine in it. The FD731v engine on line are around $1200 shipped.....tells you what the mark up and labor are. But cheaper than buying a complete new mower.

Second mower has 498 hours.....lots of trouble. Expensive upkeep. Just dropped $1500 on this one to replace deck bearing, electric clutch and some other items.

The both ran good for about 250 hours then just lots of trouble. I just expected better for high end mowers and liquid cooled engines. Dealer support is not real great either, you spend lots of money and still problems. I performed I thought owner service on them with oil and filter, greasing bearings, plugs, and such but....

/ Country Clipper "The Boss" #10  
Sorry to hear that, that really sucks!! Nothing worse than putting a ton of money into buying eqpt then having problems with it