BX2200 Loader Problem

/ BX2200 Loader Problem #1  

jrlichina

Platinum Member
Tractor
BX2200, '52 8N
Next to the spools on the valve body there is a plug which I removed to see if that was where the relief valve adjuster was located. It was not so I screwed it back in but now the loader doesn't work. Since this is an opencenter system any air introduced should bleed out by itself. Any ideas?

/ BX2200 Loader Problem #2  
Not being a BX owner, and having only looked at one once, I'm not familiar with them. What diameter was the plug? How long was it? Was it flat on the back side, with nothing behind it?

Do both FEL circuits not work? i.e., it won't go up or down, nor will it roll back or dump? Does it make any noise? Does the three-point hitch still work?

/ BX2200 Loader Problem
It must have been a stubborn air pocket. I tried it again this morning and now it works. The plug is typically where the pressure relief adjustor is, if the valve has one. Sometimes they put a plug cover to protect the adjustor mechanism. Since this was just a plug with a machined nipple on the end that would indicate that the vale has a no adjustment and uses the tractor hydraulics relief.

Thanks for the reply!

/ BX2200 Loader Problem #4  
When I added the rear hydraulic remotes on my JD790. none of the hydraulics worked when I finished, I knew I had air in the system, but all attempts to get it out until I upped the RPM to 2000, operated the 3 point, heard a loud pop, I assumed it was a relief valve, everything began to work. Try this and see if it helps you. I was told the problem was the air was being compressed by the hydraulic fluid but not to the point of tripping the relief valve.