Stumps R Us

/ Stumps R Us #1  

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
Just wanted to let y'all know I got 48 hours now on my 6520 4WD with no problems. :) I have mostly been digging up stumps and trees. The BH hoses and cylinders get warm only when digging up really big stumps. I'm digging in a lot of red clay that is wet right now. Anyway, here are a couple of "lifting proof" photos of what the ML275 loader can do. :D My bucket is 84 inches wide and yes, the stump in the photo is almost as wide as the bucket. :cool:

I ordered a 78 inch bucket, but the 6520 came with a 84 inch bucket. I didn't complain and have gotten used to the extra "curb feeling" width. :rolleyes: It only bothers me when I am trying to pack dirt with the tires, like in my barn shed where I park my gooseneck.
When the BH hoses need replacing, I plan on going up in size from 3/8 to 1/2 inch lines. I thought they were 1/2 inches :( until I removed one to install quick dissconnect and realized my error. Sometimes I feel the 511 BH needs more power, but I figure that comes from renting a Bobcat mini excuvator last summer. One quick question.....how much GPM does a PTO pump put out for running a 511BH?
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 4-26-07 Stumps R Us 5 resized.jpg
    4-26-07 Stumps R Us 5 resized.jpg
    599.6 KB · Views: 604
  • 4-26-07 Stumps R Us 2.jpg
    4-26-07 Stumps R Us 2.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 559
   / Stumps R Us #2  
bindian said:
One quick question.....how much GPM does a PTO pump put out for running a 511BH?
hugs, Brandi

I think about 16gpm (I may be wrong, but...). My 6000 with the 511 Bradco and PTO pump has mucho extra power....I usually don't have the throttle more than 1100rpm to run it as fast as I want/// BobG in VA

/ Stumps R Us
BobG_in_VA said:
I think about 16gpm (I may be wrong, but...). My 6000 with the 511 Bradco and PTO pump has mucho extra power....I usually don't have the throttle more than 1100rpm to run it as fast as I want/// BobG in VA
Thanks Bob! I run mine around 1600-1700 rpm. Anything below that and it seems sluggish to me. Anything under 1200 and the pump cavitates. I am going to check into a PTO pump. Anyone out there have any idea how much one costs?
hugs, Brandi

/ Stumps R Us #4  
bindian said:
Thanks Bob! I run mine around 1600-1700 rpm. Anything below that and it seems sluggish to me. Anything under 1200 and the pump cavitates. I am going to check into a PTO pump. Anyone out there have any idea how much one costs?
hugs, Brandi

Mine's a couple/three years old, but I think it was about $600-$700, includes the pump, lines, tank, filter, etc. (it was included in the price so don't remember it's price specifically...).BobG in VA

/ Stumps R Us #7  
No matter how long it takes, nothing is quite as satisfactory as digging out a huge stump.

/ Stumps R Us
What was that, about a 15 minute project :thumbsup:

Ken
Stumps that pop right out are no fun. The fun ones take finesse and require a ramp to get out of the hole.:cool: Ones that lift the rear end with the backhoe completely extended aft.:eek:
hugs, Brand:us-texas::cowgirl:i

/ Stumps R Us #9  
Brandi - What are all those items attached to the roll bar?

Got a coffee maker on that thing??

VA

/ Stumps R Us
Brandi - What are all those items attached to the roll bar?

Got a coffee maker on that thing??

VA
Huh?:confused: I think you have me confused with Shutesbury in post #5.:confused2: My tractor's photos are in post #1.:cool: Also, I am too young for coffee.:laughing:
hugs, Brandi:us-texas::cowgirl: